Say hello to Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, oh and did I mention it is wrapped in bacon?!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is the best dinner party recipe EVER, is it absolutely delicious!
It really is the perfect dinner party dish, and a super easy recipe to whip up when those unexpected guests show up! It only takes a handful of ingredients and is ready from start to finish in 1 hour!
I have been making pretty much this EXACT recipe since I was a teenager living at home. It has been a favorite throughout the years.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
How to prepare
Preparation of a such a gourmet dish could not get much easier than this.
Step one; butterfly and pound the chicken breast. Don't know how to butterfly a chicken breast? See below for step by step directions!
Step two; grab a bowl, and throw in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, and green onions. Stir it all up until it resembles a thick paste.
Step three; stuff the chicken breasts with the cream cheese filling. Around ⅓ cup per breast will do the trick!
Step four; roll it up. Now you have the most beautiful cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts, but do not forget the BEST part.
Step five; wrap it in BACON!
Bake the prepared chicken breasts in the oven for about 45 minutes, and you can broil them afterwards for about 5 minutes just to give the bacon some color and crunch.
When the chicken breasts are done cooking you will notice that some of the filling has spilled out, just go ahead and spoon that right over top! You will not regret it.
Butterflying a Chicken Breast
If you have never butterflied a chicken breast, listen up! This is an extremely valuable skill to have tucked under your belt!
- Place the chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Using a very sharp knife place your non dominant hand flat on top of the chicken breast. With your dominant hand, pick up the knife and hold the blade parallel to the cutting board surface.
- Place the knife in the middle of the side of the chicken breast and carefully glide the knife ¾ of the way through the chicken breast. You do not want to cut all the way through the chicken breast. Now remove the knife and place aside. Fold open the chicken breast to reveal its “butterfly” shape.
It is a really simple process, and after a few practice runs you will have it down.
What to serve as a side?
I am glad you asked! Make sure to check out some of these recipes that are also SUPER easy, and make the best sides for this dish!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 500 grams Bacon, 3-4 pieces per chicken breast
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 8 oz Brick Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 3 Green Onions, diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Starting with the chicken breasts. You need to butterfly and pound the chicken breasts. Directions on how to butterfly a chicken breast can be found in the notes below.
- Lay out all of your butterflied chicken breasts, cut side up, on a cutting board, and place a piece of plastic wrap on top, this helps prevent splatter as you pound the chicken breasts.
- Using your meat mallet, pound out the chicken breasts to about ¼” - ½” thickness. Set aside.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, and green onions.
- Using a spatula mash the ingredients together until they resemble a paste.
Filling the Chicken Breasts
- Divide the filling equally, 4 ways. (about ¼ - ⅓ cup of filling for each chicken breast)
- Place the filling directly in the center of the butterflied chicken breasts, spreading it vertically so it covers the chicken breast evenly from top to bottom. (see picture) Repeat for all remaining chicken breasts.
- Starting at one side, roll the chicken breast over the filling, and place seam side down. Repeat for all remaining chicken breasts.
- Starting at one end of the stuffed and rolled chicken breast wrap the bacon fully around taking care that the chicken breast is completely covered. When one piece of bacon runs out just slightly overlap the next piece and continue down the breast. Repeat for all remaining chicken breasts.
- Place the stuffed and bacon wrapped chicken breasts into an oven safe baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- At the end of the baking time switch your oven to broil on high, and let chicken breasts broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- You will notice that some of the filling spilled out into the pan during baking, I highly recommend spooning this over top of the chicken breasts when you serve them! It acts as a great sauce.
To butterfly a chicken breast
Place the chicken breast flat on a cutting board. Using a very sharp knife place your non dominant hand flat on top of the chicken breast. With your dominant hand, pick up the knife and hold the blade parallel to the cutting board surface. Place the knife in the middle of the side of the chicken breast and carefully glide the knife ¾ of the way through the chicken breast. You do not want to cut all the way through the chicken breast. Now remove the knife and place aside. Fold open the chicken breast to reveal its “butterfly” shape. Repeat on all remaining chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I'm loving anything wrapped in bacon! Great recipe!
Me too! Sooo good!
Thanks so much!