Its officially my favorite time of the year! That means time for this crazy delicious, and super addictive Peppermint Candy Cane Bark! This year Christmas seemed to sneak up on me. Between starting this blog, learning loads and loads of new things, and an already crazy schedule, I woke up in a cold sweat a few days ago and realized, Christmas is literally 2 weekends away! WHAT! Where is the panic button? Kidding! (well, kind of 😬)
I immediately decided that I needed to start my Christmas baking. So I packed up the books and made one of my family’s favorites. Peppermint Candy Cane Bark. I can not make enough of this stuff at Christmas. No matter how many batches I make, ahem, usually around 2 or 3… We never ever have leftovers.
It takes 15 minutes to prepare and only has FOUR INGREDIENTS, and one of them is optional!
I hope that your family loves it as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below!
Also, keep your eyes on the blog for the season! I will be sharing more of my favorite Christmas recipes throughout December, and I promise you, you do not want to miss them!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Peppermint Candy Cane Bark
- 3 cups Good Quality Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 3 cups Good Quality White Chocolate
- ¾ cup Peppermint Candy Canes, crushed
- 2-3 drops High Potency Crème De Menth Flavouring, optional, but highly recommended
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Set up two double broilers, and warm up. Place all of the semi sweet chocolate in one of the double broilers, and all of the white chocolate in the other double broiler. Slowly and gently melt the chocolate, stirring regularly.
- Once all of the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. If using the optional crème de menth flavoring, add it to the white chocolate only, and stir well to combine.
- On your parchment lined baking sheet, pour all of the semi sweet chocolate on first. Using an offset icing spatula, or regular spatula, spread the semi sweet chocolate out into an even layer that covers the entire pan.
- Next pour the white chocolate on top. Very gently and carefully spread the white chocolate over top. You don’t want the chocolate to swirl quiet yet, be sure to get an even layer, covering the entire pan.
- Now time for the swirl! Grab a regular spoon and holding the spoon vertically begin to swirl and twist the spoon. Once you are happy with the swirl, gently tap the pan against the counter a few times to help the chocolate flatten.
- Sprinkle all of the crushed candy canes on top. Place in the refrigerator and let set for at least 2 hours or more.
- When chocolate is set, remove from the refrigerator. Carefully break chocolate apart with a knife into pieces.