Today we are back with the sixth day of Christmas! Six days means we are already half way through this event! Today we are sharing one of my favourite recipes, and it is called Christmas Crack!
Christmas crack is super simple to make, only requires six ingredients, and it is ready in under 15 minutes! It is truly addictive and SO delicious.
It is made using graham crackers as a base and then essentially soaking the graham crackers in a loose caramel sauce. Baking the crackers and caramel sauce reduces the caramel sauce and bakes it directly into the graham crackers. It is only made better by topping it with white and milk chocolate chips!
Making Christmas Crack
The process of making Christmas Crack is ridiculously easy.
First, spread out the graham crackers in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet.
In a small saucepan add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Place the mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, stop stirring and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then remove the caramel mixture from the heat.
Pour caramel mixture over the graham crackers and spread out with a spatula in an even layer.
Bake the graham crackers with the caramel mixture for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the entire pan and return to the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
Remove the Christmas Crack from the oven, and sprinkle on the crushed graham crackers. Let the crackers cool completely on the pan.
Once the crackers have cooled, break apart the crackers and serve.
This Christmas Crack will keep in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature.
This Christmas Crack is perfect for cookie exchanges or holiday dessert trays! I love to have a little stash at home too, it is just that good!
We hope you enjoyed the sixth day of Christmas, make sure to check back tomorrow morning at 8am MST for day seven!
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Check out the other recipes in our 12 Days of Christmas holiday event!
- First Day of Christmas- Polar Bear Claw Cookies
- Second Day of Christmas- Holiday Hot Chocolate
- Third Day of Christmas- Grandma’s Butter Tarts
- Fourth Day of Christmas- Shortbread Cookies
- Fifth Day of Christmas- Vanilla Roll Cake with Peppermint Buttercream
- Sixth Day of Christmas- Christmas Crack
- Seventh Day of Christmas- Sugar Cookies with Easy Royal Icing
- Eighth Day of Christmas- Peppermint Candy Cane Bark
- Ninth Day of Christmas- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Tenth Day of Christmas- Spicy Strawberry and Walnut Brie
- Eleventh Day of Christmas- Rum and Eggnog Milkshakes
- Twelfth Day of Christmas- White Chocolate Eggnog Fudge
- 32 Honey Graham Crackers, enough to fill a standard size baking sheet
- 1 cup Butter
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- ¾ cup Crushed Honey Graham Crackers, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard size baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out graham crackers in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Place mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, stop stirring and let it boil for 2 minutes. Then remove the mixture from the heat.
- Pour caramel mixture over the graham crackers and spread out with a spatula in an even layer.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the entire pan. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle on the crushed graham crackers and let cool entirely on the pan.
- Once the crackers have cooled, break apart the crackers and serve.