There is only one way to describle homemade honey garlic sauce and that is, magic. Sticky, garlicky, magic.
Side note; I went into my handy thesaurus app, thinking I needed another word for magic, and it came up with this “of impossible feats by tricks abracadabra”. I enjoy this way of describing this honey garlic sauce also.
Ok back to the sauce.
7 ingredients is all it takes and once you have made it once, you will be left wondering where it has been all of your life!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
There is something so good about a homemade sauce. It is a no BS situation, and I love that.
- You know all of the ingredients. Seriously, you wont believe how much crap is packed into the store bought stuff.
- It is SO EASY and SIMPLE. It literally only takes 10 minutes to whip up, and you will probably have leftovers.
- Leftovers. Leftovers!!! This sauce will last two weeks in the fridge! Just keep it in an air tight container and give it a quick stir before you use it.
- This is an all purpose sauce that can be added to almost anything. Try using this honey garlic sauce in stirfrys and salads or toss it with some freshly baked chicken wings!
Let’s make some sauce!
I hope you caught that one part, the part where I told you it only takes TEN MINUTES. Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to find my husband to open the jar of the store bought stuff.
This honey garlic sauce also requires very minimal effort. Kind of a set it and forget it situation. But it only cooks for five minutes, so don’t wander too far.
All the ingredients get whisked together in a bowl, or saucepan. Then place it over medium heat on the stove, bring it to a boil, once it is boiling set your timer for five minutes.
Yup that is it. Now you have a lovely jar of honey garlic sauce, ready to go on any dish your heart desires!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe!
We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Honey
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 7-8 cloves Garlic, minced and separated
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- In a large bowl add soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, 5 cloves of minced garlic, and the rice vinegar. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl add water and cornstarch. Stir well until no clumps of cornstarch remain.
- Pour cornstarch into honey garlic sauce mixture and whisk well until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a small saucepan, place over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Once the honey garlic sauce mixture is boiling, lower the heat slightly and set a timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove from heat, add in remaining 2-3 cloves of fresh minced garlic and stir sauce well.
- Let the sauce cool completely. You can leave it in the saucepan to cool or you can transfer to a heat safe container.
Keep sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
One serving = 2 Tablespoons
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.