This is the best air fryer salmon, you only need 3 ingredients and it will be ready in 10 minutes making it perfect for a quick and healthy meal.
We all know that any kind of fish or seafood is pretty finicky when it comes to cooking, it can be over cooked and ruined in the blink of an eye. Using the air fryer ensures that it is juicy, tender and flakey, it comes out perfect every time!
More of my favourite quick and easy recipes are my air fryer cauliflower wings and my pan seared salmon with firecracker aioli (Tip: you can use this recipe to prepare the salmon, instead of pan frying it!)
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- Salmon Filets
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil: Any neutral flavoured oil with a high smoke point will work. Some other options I would recommend are coconut oil, avocado oil or canola oil.
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
Preheating the air fryer saves time and ensures that you will get an even cook on the salmon. It also helps create the most delicious crispy edges!
Place the salmon filets on a cutting board or on a plate and drizzle them with olive oil (or oil of choice, see above for some other options). Make sure to coat the salmon entirely with the oil.
Then, sprinkle it with salt and pepper on all sides.
When the air fryer is preheated, add the salmon filets and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
You want the outside corners to get a teeny bit golden brown and crispy.
To check for doneness: Using a fork, flake off a corner of the salmon filet. If it flakes easily and is no longer rubbery pink on the inside, it's done!
Cooking for a Crowd
This recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled, whatever you need. Just take care to not over crowd the air fryer basket. Keeping the salmon filets in a single layer with slight spacing in between them is best to ensure that the salmon cooks properly.
Variations & Spice Options
Although the salmon is delicious with just salt and pepper. You can also add pretty much whatever spices you like to this salmon.
Some of my favourite options are:
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cajun Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
What to serve Air Fried Salmon with?
Leftover (fully cooked) salmon can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
It is best to fully reheat the salmon before eating it, just as an extra precaution.
To reheat the salmon:
- Microwave: You can microwave the salmon, checking it every 30 seconds until it is warmed through.
- Stove Top: Another option for reheating it is crumbling the salmon and pan frying it with a little extra oil until it is fully heated.
- Air Fryer: To reheat salmon in air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 325°F and heat for 2-3 minutes until the salmon is heated through.
Special Equipment: Air Fryer
I use a ninja foodi air fryer and it is the BEST. I was hesitant to buy an air fryer at first because the last thing I wanted was another clunky appliance in my kitchen. But after I got it and started cooking with it, now I would happily throw out all the other “small” appliances and just stick with the air fryer!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment down below and let us know!
More Seafood Recipes:
- Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Honey Dijon Salmon
- Shrimp Tacos with Sweet Chili Sriracha Mayo
- Pan Seared Salmon with Firecracker Ailoi
- Blackened Shrimp Taco Bowls
- 2 Salmon Filets
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Prepare the salmon by rubbing all sides with the olive oil and then sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
- When the air fryer is preheated add the salmon filets and air fry for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve immediately
Leftover fully cooked salmon can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 587Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.