We are flying along here on the 12 Days of Christmas, today is already day SEVEN!!! We are switching things up a bit today and bringing you a Christmas style side dish; Spicy Bacon Jam Brussel Sprouts!
These brussel sprouts are the BOMB.
They aren’t your average brussel sprouts. Combining flavours of red pepper jelly, bacon, and crispy roasted brussel sprouts they are unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Serve these alongside your holiday meal and they will be the first thing gone, guaranteed.
(I have first hand evidence that these brussel sprouts have converted the biggest brussel sprout haters into brussel sprout lovers!)
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
A few things you will need to make this recipe
Roasting the Brussel Sprouts
Bake for 25 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown and crispy.
Making the Bacon Jam
To prepare the spicy bacon jam sauce, in a medium sized saucepan combine the cooked bacon, red pepper jelly, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic. Then, stir to combine.
Over medium heat bring the sauce mixture to a boil.
Once the sauce has started boiling, lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Remove the sauce from the heat and let cool.
The finishing touches
After the brussel sprouts have finished baking and they are nice and crispy, transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the sauce over top of the brussel sprouts and toss to combine.
Transfer the spicy bacon jam brussel sprouts to a serving plate and serve immediately.
Prepared brussel sprouts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
To reheat: Transfer the brussel sprouts to a frying pan and over medium heat, heat for 5-10 minutes until hot.
That’s it for today, we hope you enjoyed the seventh day of Christmas, make sure to check back tomorrow morning at 8am MST for day nine!
We hope our recipes can bring some joy into your homes during these times. Also, we put a lot of work into our recipes, so we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
Check out the other recipes in our 12 Days of Christmas holiday event!
- First Day of Christmas- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Second Day of Christmas- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Third Day of Christmas- Almond & Cashew Buttercrunch Toffee
- Fourth Day of Christmas- Hot Buttered Rum
- Fifth Day of Christmas- Sponge Toffee
- Sixth Day of Christmas- Sweet & Spicy Holiday Chex
- Seventh Day of Christmas- Spicy Bacon Jam Brussel Sprouts
- Eighth Day of Christmas- Snickerdoodles
- Ninth Day of Christmas- Double Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
- Tenth Day of Christmas- Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- Eleventh Day of Christmas- Chocolate Cream Cookies
- Twelfth Day of Christmas-
We would love to see your creations on Instagram! Tag your creations from the 12 Days of Christmas using #whippeditup2020
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- 2 lbs Brussel Sprouts, halved
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 4-5 pieces of Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup Red Pepper Jelly
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl combine the brussel sprouts, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the brussel sprouts to the lined baking sheet and arrange them cut side down. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the brussel sprouts are baking, prepare the sauce.
- To prepare the sauce, in a medium sized saucepan combine the cooked bacon, red pepper jelly, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic. Stir to combine and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the sauce has reached the boiling point, lower the heat to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- After the brussel sprouts have finished baking, transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Pour the warm sauce over top of the brussel sprouts and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep refrigerated, enjoy within 2 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.