Salmon sushi bowls will revolutionize the way you eat sushi! These stunning bowls can be whipped up in about 45 minutes and they are absolutely mouth-watering. Served with nori sheets on the side, there is no need for rolling sushi here!
To make these salmon sushi bowls you will need to also make my sushi rice recipe.
You will need to prepare some salmon also, I would recommend making this easy air fryer salmon, but any recipe will work, as long as the salmon is fully cooked!
If you love this recipe, you have to try my Pan Seared Salmon with Firecracker Aioli, too!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- Prepared Salmon Fillets
- Prepared Sushi Rice
- Mini Cucumbers
- Red Bell Pepper
- Spring Onions
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Nori (seaweed) Sheets
- Kewpie Mayo
Aside from the fact that there is quite a lot of chopping, slicing and dicing veggies and fruits for this recipe, I promise that it is super easy to make!
The first part of this recipe that you will have to make is sushi rice. I have an entire post explaining sushi rice, and what kind of rice you will need to use.
The sushi rice can be served warm or cold in this recipe, whichever you prefer. I prefer cold sushi rice.
For the salmon in this recipe, this air fryer salmon recipe is perfect! But any cooked salmon you prefer can be used in this recipe.
Like the sushi rice, the salmon can be served warm or cold (just make sure it is fully cooked).
Easy Spicy Mayo
To prepare the spicy mayo sauce for the salmon bowls, all you have to do is combine the kewpie mayo and sriracha in a small bowl, then stir it up!
Pro Tip: An easy way to distribute the spicy mayo is to put the spicy mayo into a small zip top baggy. Squeeze all of the sauce down to one corner of the bag and snip off a very small part of the corner of the bag. Now you will be able to squeeze the spicy mayo all over the tops of the bowls!
Putting together the Sushi Bowls
There are two ways to serve these sushi bowls.
The first way is you can prepare the sushi bowls and serve them.
And the second (more fun) way is to put out all of the ingredients on a lazy susan in the middle of the table and let everyone build their own bowls! There are so many pretty colours that making the bowls is almost a work of art and they are so fun to put together!
To assemble the sushi bowls, follow these basic steps:
To do this, first add a layer of sushi rice to a large shallow bowl.
Next, add a piece of your prepared salmon.
To finish the bowl, layer on all of the toppings.
Finally, add the spicy mayo and then all that is left to do is DIG IN!
Storing the Leftovers
Store the leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy within 2 days.
Salmon has a very short refrigerator shelf life, and for this reason, it is best to use your own discretion.
- Kewpie Mayo: Kewpie mayo has a strong umami flavour making it perfect for sushi dishes. But any regular mayo may be substituted, if preferred.
- Fruits & Veggies: These sushi bowls are very versatile. Feel free to use any vegetable or fruit that you would like to experiment with! Some other fruit and veggie options are: roasted eggplant, raspberries, roasted sweet potato, diced raw broccoli, pickled red onions or peaches. The options are unlimited!
Additional Serving Accompaniments
You may also choose to serve these sushi bowls with wasabi paste, pickled ginger, crispy onions and soy sauce.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment down below and let us know!
- 4 Prepared Salmon Fillets
- 2-3 cups Prepared Sushi Rice
- 1 Mango, diced
- 2 Avocados, sliced
- 4-5 Mini Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 Carrots, finely diced
- 2 Spring Onions, diced
- Black Sesame Seeds, for topping (optional)
- Nori (seaweed) Sheets, for serving (optional)
- 2 ½ Tablespoons Kewpie Mayo
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Sriracha
Preparing the Spicy Mayo
- In a small mixing bowl combine the kewpie mayo and the sriracha. Stir together. Set aside.
Preparing the Sushi Bowls
- To easily distribute the spicy mayo onto the bowls, transfer the spicy mayo to a small zip top bag and snip off one of the bottom corners.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1168Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 808mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 11gSugar: 26gProtein: 61g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.