This easy, sweet, and tangy Honey Dijon salmon literally melts in your mouth. It has quickly become a favorite and a staple in our house. It’s Super easy and you’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes flat!
Using my trick this recipe guarantees prefect results, even for a novice cook. Your salmon will be tender, SUPER juicy, and flavor packed! You can even make this for a dinner party and your guests will think you slaved away in the kitchen all day! Its ok, it will be our little secret ?
I’m always on the lookout to make our weeknights easy, simply because we just don’t have time. Both my fiancé and I have day jobs, and then immediately after work we go to the gym. Before I know it, the night is already half gone, and I haven’t even stepped foot in the kitchen yet! So, having a quick, nutrient packed dinner, ready in 30 minutes is our saving grace most week days.
When I first began learning how to cook, I used to avoid salmon, like we’re talking fast walking away from it at the grocery store. I had no idea how to cook it properly. I would constantly worry about over cooking it, under cooking it, and quiet frankly that I would put someone in the hospital…
After a couple years of avoiding it, one day, when I was grocery shopping alone, I became intrigued by it, and decided to buy a fillet. And if I screwed it up, well, no one would have to know! After a few underwhelming trials, I lost interest, and thought to myself “maybe its not all it’s cracked up to be”.
Fast forward a few months, I was flipping through my notebook and decided I could give it one more shot and holy cow, am I ever glad I did!
My fiancé on the other hand, hated anything fish, until this “bad mama jama rocked his world” (his words). His previous method of eating fish included not breathing, giant eyeballs and attempting to eat the whole serving in one bite to avoid any taste of the “fishy” flavor. Now, he’s the one suggesting that we should have it on the meal plan (and I’m not complaining ?)
I hope you enjoy this Honey Dijon Salmon as much as we do! I would love to know what you think!
Honey Dijon Salmon
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 5-6 oz each
- 2/3 cup Honey, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt, Pink Himalayan (preferably)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 9″x13″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down in parchment paper lined baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, extra virgin olive oil, grainy dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir vigorously, the extra virgin olive oil will take a little bit of work to incorporate, but it will come together after a minute or two.
- Pour all of the sauce mixture over the salmon fillets. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Spoon sauce on the bottom of the baking dish over top of the salmon and serve immediately.
- this dish serves well with steamed green beans or broccoli.
- I also usually serve this with Quinoa or brown rice on the side.