This Honey Dijon Salmon is easy to prepare, tangy, sweet, and it literally melts in your mouth.
I am all about super easy and fast meals. This is one of those meals. It is PERFECT for those busy weeknights!
This honey dijon salmon is super easy to prepare and you’ll have dinner on the table in literally 30 minutes.
You can even make this for a dinner party and your guests will think you slaved away in the kitchen all day! (It’s ok, that can be our little secret.)
Salmon can be intimidating.
I get it.
I used to avoid fish like the plague, for the fear that I would land myself or someone else in the hospital.
But it doesn't have to be that way!
Salmon is actually incredibly easy to prepare and it is SO healthy. It has been proven that adding fish to a balanced diet improves memory and promotes healthy brain function. It is also an incredible source of omega fatty acids, minerals and nutrients.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Let’s cook some salmon, FAST!
Using my “trick” this recipe guarantees perfect results, even for a novice cook.
Your salmon will be tender, SUPER juicy, and flavour packed!
First, preheat your oven to 400°F and line a 9"x13" glass baking dish with parchment paper.
Place the salmon fillets skin side* down on the parchment paper.
*You can use either salmon with the skin attached or without. The recipe turns out the same either way, that just comes down to personal preference.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, extra virgin olive oil, grainy dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir vigorously, the extra virgin olive oil will take a little bit of work to incorporate, but it will come together after a minute or two.
After the sauce is mixed, pour all it over top of the salmon fillets.
Now, here's the “trick” I talked about above. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil. This traps and steams the salmon while it cooks, producing the juiciest salmon that literally falls apart.
Bake the salmon for 25 minutes.
After the salmon has finished baking, remove it from the oven and spoon the excess sauce on the bottom of the baking dish over top of the salmon. This adds extra juiciness and flavor to the salmon right before serving.
Make it a full meal
To make this a complete well rounded meal serve the honey dijon salmon with steamed green beans, broccoli, steamed carrots, or any other kind of vegetable.
We put a lot of work into our recipes and if you have made this recipe we would love to see! Tag us anywhere on social media or leave a comment down below!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us directly, you can shoot us an email.
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 5-6 oz each
- ⅔ cup Honey, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt, Pink Himalayan (preferably)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 9"x13" glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down on the parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, extra virgin olive oil, grainy dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir vigorously, the extra virgin olive oil will take a little bit of work to incorporate, but it will come together after a minute or two.
- Pour the sauce mixture over top of the salmon fillets. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- After the salmon has finished baking, remove from the oven and spoon the excess sauce on the bottom of the baking dish over top of the salmon. Serve immediately.
Serve with steamed green beans, broccoli, or steamed carrots, and brown rice or quinoa.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This post was updated on August 31st, 2020