Hi there! Welcome to Whipped It Up, we are so excited you’re here! Do you need a quick and easy delicious dinner idea? Then this recipe is for you! Let me introduce, drum roll please…. Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas, and they’re ready in an hour!
If you live anywhere like I do, the weather changes in the blink of an eye! Yesterday was b-e-a-utiful, and today, its freezing outside…. That’s where these babies come in to save the (cold) day!
Fill some tortillas with a mixture of black beans, green chilies, shredded chicken, and cheese, then just pop the whole thing into the oven, to reveal this showstopper. Bonus points if the chicken is cooked and shredded ahead of time! Or pull a sneaky cheat, and grab a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, those things have saved my butt more times than I would like to admit…
Thank you for following along with us on this exciting new journey, keep your eyes peeled for lots of new content! We would love to hear from you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
For now we will leave you with this delicious recipe!
Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 can Black Beans, strained and rinsed
- 3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded and divided
- ¼ cup Hot Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Diced Green Chilis
- ¼ cup Scallions , diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly oil a 9×13 casserole dish
- In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, black beans, 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese, and Hot Sauce. Set aside.
- On a large surface, lay out all 8 flour tortillas, fill the tortillas evenly with the prepared mixture. Gently roll the tortillas up, and place, seam side down, in a single layer, in the prepared casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted, add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the flour to create a thick paste. Stirring consistently, whisk in the chicken broth, until smooth and no clumps remain, add salt & pepper, to taste. Return to stove, over medium-low heat, stir until thickened and boiling.
- Remove from heat once thickened, and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has slightly cooled, gently stir in the greek yogurt and green chilies. Once the sauce looks smooth, and the yogurt and chilies are combined, pour sauce over top of the prepared Enchiladas. Spread sauce out with the back of a spoon to make sure the enchiladas are completely covered. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups of Monterey jack cheese on top. Place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted, and sauce is bubbling.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes before serving, and sprinkle scallions on top.