This might be the easiest recipe I have ever put on this blog. Buffalo wing sauce is SO smooth, creamy and mouth-wateringly delicious and the best part? You only need TWO ingredients.
Buffalo sauce is also incredibly versatile. It is perfect served with these crispy baked chicken wings, air fryer cauliflower wings, or even this crispy tofu! It can also mixed with honey garlic sauce or teriyaki sauce to make spicy versions of those sweeter sauces.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
What is buffalo sauce made of?
Even though buffalo sauce only has two ingredients, buffalo sauce and hot sauce are not the same thing. Buffalo sauce has a creamy, smooth consistency whereas hot sauce has more of a spicy kick and vinegary flavour.
- Hot Sauce (your favourite kind, I prefer to use Franks Red Hot for this recipe)
- Salted Butter
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make two ingredient buffalo sauce
When I say this is an easy recipe, this is as easy as a recipe gets! Buffalo sauce takes about 2 minutes to make, the hardest part is measuring the ingredients...
Into a saucepan combine your favourite hot sauce and butter.
Place the saucepan over medium heat and stirring consistently, melt the butter and stir together the sauce.
Serve! Serve this hot sauce with chicken wings, cauliflower wings, or anything you like, the options are endless!
Like I mentioned above, buffalo sauce can be mixed with other sauces to create spicy deliciousness! This is all done by preference, I like to do a 1:1 ratio of sauces that I mix with buffalo sauce, but you can add as little or as much as you want!
Some ideas of other sauces that you can mix buffalo sauce with are:
- Honey Garlic Sauce- mix buffalo wing sauce with honey garlic sauce to make a hot honey sauce.
- Teriyaki Sauce- mix buffalo wing sauce with teriyaki sauce to make a hotty-yaki sauce.
- Ranch or Caesar Dressing- yes, it's salad dressing, but mix about ¼ cup of buffalo sauce and 1 cup of dressing for a spectacular treat! Use spicy ranch or spicy caesar dressing as a dip for wings, fries, or pizza!
Keeping Leftover Sauce
Store leftover buffalo sauce in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The buffalo sauce will solidify in the fridge because of the butter in it. To use it, heat up the desired amount in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or in a saucepan on the stove.
Buffalo Wing Sauce- Two Ingredient Buffalo Sauce
Buffalo sauce is a rich, creamy sauce with a mild spice that is perfect for chicken wings, cauliflower wings, and crispy tofu bites!
- 1 cup Hot Sauce, like Franks Red Hot
- ¾ cup Butter
- In a small saucepan combine the hot sauce and butter.
- Place over medium-low heat and stirring consistently, melt the butter to combine the sauce. This takes about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve!
- buffalo sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.
Buffalo sauce is still spicy but the intensity of the spice is dulled by the butter. It has more of a rich, creamy, slightly sweet spicy taste.
It is so good because you are literally mixing hot sauce with butter. And butter is the best. 😉
If you liked this recipe please share and comment below, we would love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply