Almond florentine is a super easy recipe to make and master, just in time for the holidays! It is perfect for cookie boxes, cookie exchanges, or just to have for a special holiday treat. This recipe has been in my family for years and years and is one of our all time favourite Christmas recipes!
- Graham Crackers
- Brown Sugar
- Sliced Almonds
- Flakey Sea Salt (optional)
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 2- Your baking sheet should look something like this now! Evenly covered in graham crackers, filling the entire tray.
Step 3- Prepare (*see below) and pour the caramel sauce mixture on top of the graham crackers.
Step 5- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the caramel mixture.
Step 4- Using a spatula, spread the caramel mixture to completely cover the tray of crackers.
Step 6- Bake the almond florentine in the oven for about 10 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
*To prepare the caramel sauce, in a small sauce pan combine the butter and brown sugar. Over medium-low heat melt the butter and the sugar together, stirring regularly until it reaches a boil, let it boil for 1 minute.
Pro Tip: use a pizza cutter to easily cut the almond florentine into squares after it has fully cooled.
Almost anything you can think of will work as a topping on this recipe.
- Spicy - add a small amount of chili pepper flakes with the sliced almonds for a spicy kick of favour.
- Deluxe - add chopped walnuts, pecans, and/or any other kind of nut along with the sliced almonds.
- Smores - add chocolate chips and miniature marshmellows as soon as the crackers come out of the oven, while they are still hot.
- Kid Friendly - instead of adding sliced almonds, use crushed up potato chips, but add the potato chips after the baking time, while the caramel sauce is still hot and bubbly.
Store the leftovers in an air tight container and keep at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You may also freeze these almond florentine squares. They can be frozen in a zip top bag or an air tight container for up to 3 months.
- 28-30 Graham Crackers
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- Flakey Sea Salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 18”x13” (or similar size) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On top of the parchment paper place the graham crackers in a single layer, covering the entire sheet, set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan add the butter and brown sugar.
- Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, melt the butter and sugar together to create a caramel mixture. Bring the caramel to a boil and let boil undisturbed for 1 minute.
- Carefully (it will be very hot!) pour the caramel mixture over top of the graham crackers. Using a spatula spread the caramel evenly to cover all of the crackers.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the caramel.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until bubbly and deep golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature. After it has cooled to room temperature, transfer the tray to the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt (optional), break apart and enjoy!
- use a pizza cutter to cut the almond florentine after it has fully cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.