Simple syrup is a staple for basically every fancy cocktail in the world. It is incredibly easy to make and our version is just a touch “lighter” than traditional simple syrup but it is still every bit as good!
Use this light simple syrup for cocktails like grapefruit palomas or my famous lemon drop cocktails.
Traditional simple syrup is equal parts sugar to water. We created this lighter version which is a 1:2 ratio of water to sugar. Literally cutting the sugar in half and you won't even notice a difference in your drinks!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- Sugar Sugar Sugar… if you don't like using granulated/refined sugar that’s totally cool! You can substitute the granulated sugar for coconut sugar or even monk fruit sugar for a zero calorie/keto option!
How to make simple syrup for drinks
This is almost not even a recipe it is so easy to make. All you need is two ingredients, water + sugar. They are then mixed together and heated for a couple of minutes on the stove and as soon as the sugar dissolves it is done!
Yes, that’s really it.
Then all that is left to do is whip up some stellar cocktails with your new secret weapon.
Wondering what to use your simple syrup for?
Well as I mentioned above these grapefruit paloma cocktails are a delightfully refreshing cocktail, perfect for a hot summer day on the patio.
COMING SOON! These lemon drop cocktails have become famous with our friends and family. They are a shaken cocktail that is served over ice, instead of martini style, which is traditionally how this cocktail is served. They are truly incredible and you have to try them!
Keep your simple syrup in a pitcher or container with a tight fitting lid if you want to store it for a longer period of time. A gallon sized mason jar or a recycled pasta jar (cleaned out, of course) works well for this!
Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Light Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a staple for basically every fancy cocktail in the world. It is incredibly easy to make and this version is just a touch “lighter” than traditional simple syrup but it is every bit as good!
- 4 cups Filtered Water
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar. Stir to combine and place over medium-low heat.
- Heat while stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes or until the syrup is completely clear. DO NOT let the syrup boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before using.
- Transfer cooled syrup to a pitcher or a jar with a tight fitting lid for storage. Simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Substitutions for sugar:
- Coconut Sugar for an unrefined simple syrup
- Monk Fruit Sugar for a calorie-free/Keto simple syrup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1 ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.
Leave a Reply