Hi friends! Today we are here to share with you, our new brunch obsession… Breakfast Enchiladas!
My husband, on the other hand, is not the biggest fan of the original because the bread is kind of soft in the original version.
So, I had a mission. I needed to create my favourite breakfast casserole, but it couldn't have soggy bread. BAM, these breakfast enchiladas were born.
They are SO GOOD.
These are the flour tortillas that I used in this recipe, they are homemade and taste GREAT! But, regular flour tortillas from the grocery store will work for this recipe, too!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
So, let’s make it!
First things first, preheat your oven to 375°F and spray a 9”x13” casserole dish with non stick cooking spray or grease it with melted butter.
Prepare the breakfast sausages, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheese.
Assemble the enchiladas by laying the tortillas out on a large surface.
Place one slice of ham in the center of each tortilla. Divide the scrambled egg, breakfast sausage and 2 cups of shredded cheese by the 10 tortillas, and place on top of the ham slice.
Roll the tortillas up and place them one by one into the prepared casserole dish.
To make the “enchilada” sauce
Pour the prepared sauce over top of the enchiladas in the casserole dish.
Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Corn Flake Topping
THE CORNFLAKE TOPPING IS THE BEST PART.
In a small bowl combine the crushed corn flakes and the melted butter, using a fork, toss combine. Then, sprinkle the corn flake topping on top of the entire casserole, spreading evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes until set and serve immediately.
Leftovers will keep for 3-4 days refrigerated in an airtight container. Reheat by placing the desired amount on a baking sheet and baking at 350°F for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can just pop them in the microwave and heat them up that way too.
I hope you loved these breakfast enchiladas as much as we do, and I hope you and your families are staying safe and happy during these times.
More Breakfast Inspo
Make sure to check out some of our other breakfast recipes, too!
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- 10- 12” Flour Tortillas
- 6 Eggs, cooked and scrambled
- 10 slices Ham
- 3 cups Marble Cheese, shredded and divided
- 6 Breakfast Sausages, cooked and cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Milk, of choice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
Corn Flake Topping
- 1 ½ cups Corn Flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F, spray a 9”x13” casserole dish with non stick cooking spray or grease with melted butter and set aside.
- Assemble the enchiladas by laying the tortillas out on a large surface. Place a piece of ham in the center of each tortilla, then top with the scrambled egg, breakfast sausage and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Roll the tortillas up and place one by one into the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and dijon mustard, whisking to combine.
- Pour the prepared sauce over top of the enchiladas in the casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Corn Flake Topping
- In a small bowl combine the crushed corn flakes and the melted butter, toss with a fork to combine.
- Sprinkle the corn flake topping on top of the entire casserole, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored 3-4 days in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.