I can safely say, chorizo brekkie bowls are a huge brunch favorite in our home! They get gobbled up as soon as they come off of the stove. Some nights when we don’t know what to make for dinner, we always come around to these! (If you have never had breakfast for dinner, you don’t know what you are missing!)
These can be whipped up in less than 45 minutes, and devoured in less than 5 minutes! You will likely already have most of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry! 😉
a great option for meal prep
These chorizo brekkie bowls also make a great and delicious option for weekday meal prep! All you have to do is cook all of the ingredients as per the recipe below, and prepare the easy hollandaise sauce. Portion and layer all of the ingredients into containers and keep the hollandaise sauce portions in separate containers.
When you are ready to eat, just spoon the holladaise sauce over the top of the bowl and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir it up, and enjoy!
If you are looking for a some great meal prep containers, I love these ones!
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Making hollandaise sauce from scratch is seriously the best. It is unlike anything you have ever tasted! I have broken it down for you and made the process extremely easy follow and learn! Head over to the recipe and instructions, here! This is a valuable and versatile recipe to learn, you can add it to almost anything, even lobster… DROOL.
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Chorizo Brekkie Bowls
- 5-6 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes, approx. 4-5 cups
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 cups Smoked Chorizo Sausage, cut into ½” cubes (make sure you are using fully cooked chorizo sausage, if not, make sure to cook it according to the package directions)
- 6 Eggs, large
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded (optional topping)
- 1 Tomato, diced (optional topping)
- ½ medium Red Onion, thinly sliced (optional topping)
- 1 cup Hollandaise Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large skillet add the potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, and butter. Over medium heat, cook the potatoes, stirring regularly until they are fork tender, browned and crispy on all sides, about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the hash browns are fully cooked and crispy add the Montreal steak spice, toss the hash browns to fully coat with the spice.
- While the hash browns are cooking, in another small skillet, brown the chorizo sausage over medium heat until just heated.
- In a small bowl crack all of the eggs and whisk well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet add the eggs and cook over medium-low heat, stirring regularly. Once eggs are fully cooked and fluffy, set aside.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce. (see recipe)
- In a wide bowl add in hash browns, layer on chorizo sausage, and then the eggs. Top with preferred toppings. (cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and red onions)
- Pour ¼ cup of prepared hollandaise sauce over top and serve immediately.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means if you click on the picture or link and purchase the item we will earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Whipped It Up!