Christmas is only four days away!!! I can not believe it, this year has flown by for us, and I am ready for a new year! Meanwhile, we are in the Christmas crunch at our house, preparing for company, and all of the Christmas gatherings happening over the next few days. I thought I would pop on here and share with you one of my FAVORITE traditions, Christmas Morning Wife Saver! I have made this every year for the past three or four years and I am not stopping anytime soon. Really, I think I just have an obsession with the crispy corn flakes on top! I have never been a cereal girl… like ever, but when its tossed in butter and toasted on top of the creamiest, and most flavorful casserole, I make an exception.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
This is a super easy breakfast casserole, and it can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance! Perfect for a hassle free and stress free Christmas Morning! On Christmas Eve, before all of the festivities begin, layer all of the ingredients in a casserole dish, cover with the egg mixture, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until Christmas morning. When you wake up, mix the corn flakes with a bit of melted butter, pour them on top of the casserole and toss in the oven for about an hour!
We are total breakfast people, and let me tell you, this is WAY easier and WAY more stress free than making the whole big production. Some may say, Christmas Morning Wife Saver is a “game changer” for Christmas morning.
We hope you have an amazing and magical Christmas and a Happy New Year! You can find us everywhere on social media, the links to our pages are provided below. We will also be sharing some snippets of our Christmas adventures on Instagram!
- 12 pieces Bread, white
- 10 pieces Deli Sliced Honey Ham
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 8 Large Eggs
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cups Plain Cornflakes
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 4 Scallions, diced (optional)
Up to 24 hours before:
- In a 9x13 casserole dish and begin layering. Evenly lay down 6 pieces of bread, top with all of the Honey Ham, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, top with remaining 6 pieces of bread, and remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, grainy Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour egg mixture evenly overtop of the bread/cheese/ham in the casserole dish.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
The next day:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl combine the cornflakes with the butter. Toss well to combine and pour overtop of the casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes remove from oven, top with diced scallions and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g