Never miss another breakfast again. These are healthy, they come together in about thirty minutes, and they are under 300 calories for the pair! Win, win, win. Once you try them once you will crave these Bacon Egg Muffins all the time!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Many of you will know or have at least heard of the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites. These things took the breakfast world by storm when they were introduced. I have only had these a few times and I really really enjoyed them. What didn't I enjoy? Paying almost $6 for TWO.
We are not people who eat out often, and this is the main reason. If you don't know, Eddie and I work together. This means we travel together to work, meaning if we stop to grab breakfast on the way in, and get these its almost $20 for breakfast! Thank god he doesn't drink coffee, or it would for sure be over $20. That is not ok with me. Especially when I know I can make the same thing at home for a fraction of the price, and we would have breakfast for at least 3 or 4 days.
Can we also talk about how these Bacon Egg Muffins are under 300 calories. For TWO, and they contain bacon and cheese. It's ok, you can get up and do a little happy dance with me! ?
You can also toss them into a toasted bagel or English muffin for a super easy breakfast sandwich!
meal prep and make ahead
These will turn into a meal prep maven. If you don't regularly meal prep I highly, highly recommend that you try it. It has changed my life. I know how ridiculous that sounds but I was once the person rolling my eyes at the "meal preppers". It saves so much money and time, which are both things that are hard to come by in this modern world. And it just allows you to clear your brain and not constantly have to be thinking about what to make for the next meal.
One of the greatest benefits of meal prepping is that it helps keep you on track with healthy meals ready and at your fingertips. I have been meal prepping/planning all of our meals for over 4 years now, and I noticed the biggest impact on our bank account. Before I started meal prepping if we didn't have leftovers in the fridge, I guarantee you we were rolling up to that drive thru window at noon, and sometimes up to three times per day.
Obviously I am extremely passionate about this topic, so let me know in the comments below if you want to see a step-by-step post of how I meal prep/plan!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- 6 Large Eggs
- ⅓ cup 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 Scallions, diced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a jumbo silicone muffin pan. Place the silicone muffin pan on a sheet pan for extra stability.
- In a large bowl add all of the eggs and Greek yogurt. Using a whisk, whisk rapidly until all of the Greek yogurt is combined with the eggs and no clumps remain. Add the scallions and salt and pepper.
- In the silicone muffin cups, tear up one piece of bacon per cup. Add bacon directly into the bottom of the muffin cups.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, add ⅓ cup of the yogurt egg mixture to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from oven, quickly, using a fork slightly mix up each muffin cup. Add ½ Tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top of each bacon egg muffin. Return to the oven and bake for 12 more minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.
- Carefully remove the bacon egg muffins and serve or let cool completely before storing.
- Bacon egg muffins will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- To reheat, microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds or bake for 8 minutes @ 350°F in the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.