These Avocado Breakfast Bagels quickly took their spot as a #1 go to breakfast, snack, or even dinner in our house! They are super quick to whip up, and they taste delicious every time.
Pair with a green smoothie after a workout and you have got the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
We are smoothie addicts around here. It is not uncommon for us to have at least one smoothie a day, and pairing them with a sandwich like this is right up my alley.
For the green smoothies that we make I use a Vitamix blender, and I LOVE it.
We avoided buying one for a long time, and it turned out that with the amount of smoothies we make, we were going through blenders like dirty laundry. At least once a year we were replacing them, sometimes twice a year! Well if you add up all of our burnt out blenders we probably could have paid for the Vitamix blender twice.
Since we have gotten the Vitamix blender, I will never go back. They also have an outstanding warranty.
Ok, back to the smoothie!
Here are a few ideas of what you can include in your smoothies.
- Frozen Pineapple, Blueberries, Mango Chunks.
- Probiotic Yogurt
- Banana, always banana!
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Hearts
- Fresh Spinach or Kale! Trust me on this one, you can not even taste it!!
These make the perfect on the go breakfast for during the week. All I would recommend is scrambling the eggs and making it like a traditional sandwich instead of two open faced sandwiches.
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below!
- 2 Bagels of Choice
- 4 pieces of Bacon or Turkey Bacon
- 4 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Avocado, sliced
- In a large fry pan cook the bacon and set aside.
- In a medium sized fry pan add the extra virgin olive oil and over medium heat fry eggs to preferred doneness.
- Toast the bagels.
- To assemble; place the bagels cut side up on a plate. Add 1 slice of cheddar cheese per bagel. Add the turkey bacon, egg, and sliced avocado.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g