Happy Mardi Gras! Have this Louisiana classic on the table in 30 minutes. Instant Pot Jambalaya will impress your guests, and taste buds! With the use of a homemade creole seasoning, this Jambalaya has some HEAT behind it. The addition of cinnamon in the seasoning blend really helps combine the spice profiles, and provides a slight sweetness to the palate.
I am all about “one pot” meals. The less dishes the better! (I know my fiance agrees with me on that one!). I received an Instant Pot just this past Christmas, and I fell in love with it at first use! When the Instant Pot first came out I was probably the biggest skeptic out there. First of all, my cupboards are already bursting at the seams with appliances. I was skeptical because I always seem to fall back into standard classic cooking methods. But low and behold, my life was forever changed when I cooked a pork tenderloin from raw to perfectly crisp and juicy in UNDER 10 MINUTES. That is all it took, I was sold. Keep your eyes open for more Instant Pot recipes in the near future!
We would love to hear from you, leave a comment down below! Also, please subscribe to our emails! The subscription box can be found in the side bar (on a desktop) and near the bottom of the page (on mobile), or we can be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Instant Pot Jambalaya
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 2 Spicy Italian Sausages, casing removed
- 1 pound Raw Prawns, deveined and tails removed
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, seperated
- 4-5 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 Large Sweet Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups White or Brown Rice
- 3 ½ cups Hot Water
- 3 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1- pound Raw Prawns, deveined and tails removed
- Scallions, finely diced (optional)
Creole Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Turn the instant pot on sauté mode and let slightly warm up. Add 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, cubed chicken breast, spicy Italian sausage, and 1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning. Stirring regularly, cook until chicken and sausage is fully cooked. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Add into the Instant Pot, add celery, onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers, jalapeno, garlic, rice, hot water, Better Than Bouillon Chicken Stock Concentrate, and 2 Tablespoons Creole Seasoning.
- Secure lid and turn on Pressure Cook mode on high. Set for 10 minutes and make sure the valve release is set to the “sealing” position.
- While the Jambalaya is cooking, prepare the prawns. In a large cast iron skillet or fry pan, over medium heat warm up 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Add the raw prawns and 1 Tablespoon Creole Seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cover pan with aluminum foil or a lid until Jambalaya is ready to serve.
- After pressure cooking is complete, use the 10-minute natural release. To do this let the Instant Pot switch to “keep warm” and let it count up to 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, turn the Instant Pot off and switch valve to “venting” position. Once all of the pressure has been released and the float valve has lowered completely, remove the lid. Stir well, top with cooked shrimp and diced scallions. Serve immediately.