Are you ready for the easiest and best snack ever? Let me introduce to you, Roasted Almonds! These are a satisfying simple healthy snack to have on hand in your pantry.
Around here we roast almonds all the time! It seems that I can never keep the container full. Super easy to throw in your purse or grab a handful to munch on after a workout.
Roasting will not decrease the nutritional value in the almond, unless you burn them. Roasting just adds a crazy nutty salty flavor to the almonds that is SO DELICIOUS!
They take literally 2 minutes to prepare and throw into the oven. Then all you have to do is bake them for 18-20 minutes and let them cool. Making this the easiest snack recipe ever.
the perfect snack
I love to create little containers of snacks that we can take out and about during the week. They are super healthy and filling, so instead of eating chips from the vending machine at my desk during the week, I whip these snack packs up for snacks during the week. It takes me about 30 minutes on the weekend to throw together enough for the whole week!
Here are some combinations of “snack packs” that I make.
- Handful of roasted almonds, handful of dried cranberries, and a sliver of brie cheese. This one is my personal FAVORITE.
- Handful of roasted almonds, a few slices of cheddar cheese, and a sliced granny smith apple.
- Handful of roasted almonds, a few slices of smoked gouda, a few whole seed crackers, and a handful of grapes.
- These roasted almonds are also a perfect and welcome addition to any charcuterie board!!
The options for these “snack packs” are endless, so let your imagination run wild!
If you love these as much as we do you have to check out some of our other favorite snack ideas!
Thanks for reading and I hope this has inspired you to create some healthy snacks!
- 4 cups Raw Almonds, whole
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine almonds, extra virgin olive oil, and kosher salt. Toss with a spoon to coat all of the almonds entirely.
- Pour almonds onto the lined baking sheet and spread them out so they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove almonds from the oven and let them cool completely on the baking sheet. As they cool you will hear "popping" noises. *Note- Do not eat the almonds until they have cooled for a minimum of 30 minutes. Almonds retain heat very well and can burn you if you are not careful.