The holidays are in full swing at our house! We spent the weekend finishing up decorating and planning events for the month ahead. I could not be any more excited! When I was a young girl my mother would make a version of this Sweet & Spicy Holiday Chex every single Christmas. This was always one of the first holiday goodies that we would make every year.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
I will warn you, this is extremely addictive. Not only is this Sweet & Spicy Holiday Chex addictive, it is super easy to make! With only 10 minutes of prep time, you will be munching on this delicious snack in no time! Also, it is prefect to take along to a holiday party or gathering. Do not forget to put this on your holiday baking list this year, I promise you will not regret it!
Keep your eyes peeled, over the next few weeks until Christmas I will be rolling out a Christmas Baking Series! You do not want to miss this! I am digging into my all time favorite family recipes, some have these have been in my family for years! Follow me on social media to be sure that you don’t miss anything! Social media links provided at the bottom of the page.
- 8 cups Honey Shreddies Cereal
- 8 cups Honey Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Pretzels, Salted
- 4 cups Peanuts, Salted
- ½ cup Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coarse Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine honey shreddies, honey chex, pretzels, and peanuts. Gently toss to combine.
- In a small saucepan combine honey, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, extra virgin olive oil, onion powder, granulated garlic powder, coarse salt, and cayenne pepper. Over medium low heat bring to a boil, continually stirring, boil for 30 seconds and remove from heat. Ensure that all the honey is melted.
- Slowly pour over top of the dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon toss cereal mixture until it is completely coated with the sauce mixture.
- Divide in two and spread evenly onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Let cool on baking sheets.
- Once cooled, transfer back to a large bowl, and gently toss with your hands.
- Chex Mix will last up to one week at room temperature in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 51gProtein: 4g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.