This Turmeric Coconut Curry Chicken is every bit as dreamy as it looks! It comes together quick and makes for a super easy one pot meal.
Life has been crazy around here lately, it seems I can't get it together to get a blog post out to save my life! I hit a major wall late last month, that has carried over into the first few days of May. I took a large step back and by doing that, I learned that it is not sustainable to be on all the time. You can read more about my "blogger burnout" and all the other fun things that we did in April, here.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
I always seem to forget Indian food is a thing. It is not something that we ate growing up, and one day I just stumbled upon Butter Chicken. Wowza, I was missing out! I am a huge fan of BIG flavor, and that is something this turmeric coconut curry chicken sure doesn't lack. Using full fat coconut milk ties this recipe together. It creates a creamy sweetness, combined with the honey, that will leave you drooling and dreaming of more!
#1- Sauteed Red Cabbage
This is DELICIOUS. We have fallen in love with adding sauteed red cabbage to, well, pretty much everything. It is so healthy and nutritious, so no shame in eating it by the bowl-full! It makes the perfect accompaniment to the turmeric coconut curry chicken.
#2- Instant Pot Brown Rice with Peppers
This rice is so yummy, and literally makes enough to feed a small army. Lately both Eddie and I prefer brown rice over any other kind, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand! Rice is pretty much a must for this recipe.
That's a wrap on this recipe. When you make this, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments down below! Thanks for reading, and I promise you will be seeing more of me in May!
Have a lovely week, friend!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- 3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into ½" cubes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ medium Red Onion, diced
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1- 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes , not drained
- 5 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Dice chicken breasts into ½" cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or wok, add the extra virgin olive oil and cubed chicken breast. Over medium heat cook the chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet or wok melt the butter over medium heat and add the red onion, garlic, and bell peppers. Sautee until just softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the curry powder, parsley, turmeric, onion powder, paprika, red chili flakes, and cumin. Stir and toast for 30 seconds. This helps release a full bodied flavor from the spices.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth (of choice). Stir sauce to completely combine. Bring sauce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering slowly whisk in the whole can of coconut milk and honey. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the diced chicken breast with all the jucies into the sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Stir regularly to ensure ingredients do not settle and burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Serve over Instant Pot brown rice with peppers, your favorite rice, quinoa, steamed veggies, or sauteed red cabbage.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g