Sauteed Red Cabbage is a healthy, nutritious, and super easy side dish. Although not the most common side dish, it holds a pretty strong resume in regards to health benefits. It is low in calories but high in Potassium, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6. Also it is a good source of fiber, calcium, and iron. As an added benefit, you can literally feed an army for only a few bucks.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
It is a total myth that cabbage cant taste good! When red cabbage is cooked properly it has a tangy, yet slightly sweet earthy taste. Sauteed red cabbage can be served hot or cold, and is a great option to add to a meal prep bowl!
This side dish is very straight forward to prepare, it can be fully cooked in only a few minutes. I use a large wok so I can cook a whole cabbage at once.
If you do not have a wok, you can cook the cabbage in batches in a large skillet. Or if you want to make half the recipe, you can wrap the second half of the red cabbage tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator in the vegetable crisper for up to one week.
Recipes that this pairs well with
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Sauteed Red Cabbage
Healthy and nutritious side dish that pairs well with anything!
- 1 whole medium Red Cabbage
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Peel the outer leaves off of the red cabbage, and cut in half lengthwise. Place the two halves face down, and slice into strips.
- In a large wok place all of the sliced cabbage, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Toss with a large spoon to fully coat the cabbage. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until cabbage is wilted and tender, use kitchen tongs to turn the cabbage intermittently. Remove the lid and continue to cook the cabbage for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
- Sauteed Red Cabbage can be served hot or cold.
- If you do not have a wok, you can cook the cabbage in batches in a large skillet.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply