A truly summer inspired sandwich, Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwiches scream summer, warmth, and good times.
If you love summery recipes then you have to try my turkey lettuce wraps, or my blackened shrimp taco bowls!
These sandwiches are authentic and not your typical ham and swiss. The first long weekend of summer is right around the corner and this sandwich is the perfect sidekick for a picnic or family gathering! They come together in no time at all and require very little preparation.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Apricot Preserves
- Red Onion
- Bread - arguably the most important ingredient! You will want to use a high quality bread such as sourdough, ciabatta or light rye. If you are feeling ambitious, I would highly recommend making this no knead bread from scratch! It is easy, tastes amazing and makes a perfect pair for this sandwich. Not feeling bread? You can use these easy flour tortillas or even lettuce cups, instead!
- Apricot Preserves - Apricot preserves are a great condiment to keep in your fridge. They can be used in a variety of dishes and can make a great sweet addition in lots of recipes. Some other recipes that we like to use apricot preserves in are these apricot turkey meatballs, or even on these spinach and feta turkey burgers, it tastes amazing!
- Arugula - arugula, rocket, whatever you call it where you live it is probably the best sandwich topping I can think of (you can even put it on pizza)! It has a slight tangy and peppery flavour and is derived from the same family as broccoli/kale/brussel sprouts. It’s a nutrient dense food packing calcium, potassium, folate, and vitamins C, K, and A.
- Brie - ahhhh brie… soft, creamy, and pretty much the dreamiest cheese ever. Although, if you are not a fan of brie cheese you can substitute it for camembert or a good mozzarella.
Making the sandwiches
We have all made a sandwich before, even if it is just a PB & J, it counts! And believe it or not, this sandwich isn’t much more difficult.
For the chicken
Any chicken will do. You can use baked or boiled chicken breast that has been shredded or cubed. Or you can even use a shredded rotisserie chicken (SO easy to grab on the way home!)
The very first thing you need to do is turn the broiler on your oven on “high” and grab a baking sheet. Then you’ll want to round up all the ingredients. Chop the onions, slice the cheese, select the perfect bread, and cook the chicken.
Start with two slices of bread (slightly toasted, if preferred) on one of the pieces of bread spread a thin layer of mayonnaise, or if you are feeling an extra fancy sandwich, use this roasted garlic and thyme aioli! On top of that add a handful of arugula and set aside.
On the other slice of bread spread a thick layer of apricot preserves. Then layer on a thick layer of cooked chicken, top that with the onions, and lastly add the slices of brie cheese.
Place the piece of bread with the chicken and cheese on it onto the baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
After the cheese has melted, remove from the oven and place the slice of bread onto a plate.
Now you just pile it all together. Flop the piece of bread with the arugula on it on top of the piece with the melted cheese and chicken and whala!
Now cut that sandwich in half and dig in!
Any of these soups or side dishes will pair wonderfully with these sandwiches:
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Leek and Corn Chowder
- Hamburger Soup
- Crispy Wedge Fries
- Veggie Curly Fries
Leftovers are best stored unassembled, and then assembled when you are ready to eat the sandwich. If you are storing an already prepared and assembled sandwich, make sure the sandwich is completely at room temperature and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2 days.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwiches as much as we do! We would love to hear if you tried this sandwich, leave us a comment down below and let us know!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments section of this post! Or to get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Updated on May 9th, 2021.
Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwiches
A delicious summer inspired sandwich
- 2 Slices Bread, of choice
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Handful of Arugula
- 2-3 Tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- ~½ a Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 2-3 Slices Brie Cheese
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Set the broiler on the oven to “high” and grab a baking sheet.
- Toast both sides of the bread until just brown (this step is optional)
- On one side of the bread spread a thin layer of mayonnaise, or roasted garlic and thyme aioli.
- On top of that add a handful of arugula and set aside.
- On the other slice of bread spread a thick layer of apricot preserves. Then layer on some cooked chicken, then the onions, and lastly add the slices of brie cheese.
- Place the piece of bread with the chicken and cheese on it onto the baking sheet and broil for 2-3 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
- After the cheese has melted, remove it from the oven and place the slice of bread onto a plate.
- Now you just pile it all together. Flop the piece of bread with the arugula on it on top of the piece with the melted cheese and chicken, press down slightly and you are done!
- For the chicken use baked or boiled chicken breast that has been shredded or cubed, or even a rotisserie chicken that has been shredded.
- Brie cheese may be substituted for camembert or a good mozzarella.
- Mayonnaise may be substituted for this roasted garlic and thyme aioli.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Roslia Santamaria says
This looks super tasty!! I can’t wait to give it a try! It’s all delicious ingredients 🙂
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! ?
Madina Grill says
Wow, great Recipe!
This is the first time I read the whole article.
Thank you so much it is helpful and clear.
I will visit again!!
See more: https://madinahgrill.ca