A truly summer inspired sandwich. Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwiches scream summer, warmth, and heat. The apricot preserves add a beautiful subtle sweetness, paired with the creamy melted brie cheese, and the tangy toasted sourdough… They are a major win, and they taste just as delicious as they look.
The first long weekend of spring is right around the corner and this is the perfect sidekick for a picnic or family gathering! They come together in no time at all and require very little preparation.
I am a HUGE apricot fan. Sometimes I am lucky enough to stumble upon a jar of my mother-in-laws homemade apricot jam, that stuff is the best. I love it so much but unfortunately I usually have to buy it at the grocery store. I always search out the brand with the largest chunks of apricots in the preserve, and I recommend you do the same! We have tried this sandwich with pureed apricot jam and it is just not the same. Although, if that is all you can find, it will do the trick!
Using sourdough for this sandwich was a no brainer. Its tangy, sturdy, and DELICIOUS. Besides the fact that sourdough doesn’t even make it into the bread cupboard when it enters our house. It was the obvious immediate choice. If you are not a sourdough fan, I get it, and I wont take it personally.
Some other bread choices
- Ciabatta Buns (basically sourdough, in bun form… I cant get away from it!!) I have used these before for these sandwiches and they are lovely. This works best if you will be transporting the sandwiches.
- Light Rye
- Sprouted Grain
I highly recommend pairing these apricot brie chicken sandwiches with my Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash Soup.
This is a match made in soup & sandwich HEAVEN. Just try it, and thank me later.
Note- The recipe below is for ONE sandwich.
Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 Slices Sourdough Bread
- 1/2 Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 2-3 Slices Brie Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Apricot Preserves
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Handful Arugula
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Set broiler on oven to high.
- Toast both sides of the sourdough bread until just brown.
- On one side spread all of the apricot preserves, then add the shredded chicken, thinly sliced red onions. and top with slices of brie cheese.
- Broil in oven just until brie is melted.
- On the other piece of toast spread on mayonnaise, and a handful of arugula. Sandwich together and enjoy!