Who is ready for the darn weekend?! I know I am. And just in time for the weekend I figured you should know about Roasted Garlic Thyme Aioli. I have been making it FOREVER, and if you have been following along I have talked about how much I love roasted garlic before.
This sauce will blow. your. socks. off. It is the definition of a crowd pleaser and I have never served it to anyone that didn’t immediately fall in love with it.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
It only takes maybe 10 minutes of minimal labor to make this aioli. The longest (and hardest) part is waiting for the garlic cloves to roast in the oven, and then letting the aioli chill before serving it. We have tried both ways, making it and diving right in, and making it and letting it sit for a while. We both agreed that letting it sit helped give the magnificent flavors time to develop properly.
This roasted garlic and thyme aioli will send any burger soaring to new heights. It can also be good for:
- These Blackened Chicken Sandwiches
- a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries (I defiantly recommend trying this one!!)
- Substitute for mayonnaise on a burger
- dip for a veggie platter
- These Veggie Curly Fries
- anything else
Believe me, it will make anything spectacular!
Keep your eyes on the blog, soon I will be sharing my super basic and easy beef burger recipe! This aioli and those burgers are a match made in barbecue heaven, and I doubt you will be able to go back to just regular old mayonnaise after trying this!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- Whole Head of Garlic, peeled (8-10 cloves)
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme Leaves
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Peel cloves of garlic, and place in a piece of aluminum foil (approx. 8”x8” piece of foil)
- Pour extra virgin olive oil on the garlic cloves and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Gather corners of foil and bunch together creating a little package.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add mayonnaise, thyme leaves, and salt. Stir well and set aside.
- When garlic is finished roasting, let cool completely.
- Open garlic package and transfer roasted garlic cloves into a small ramekin. With the backside of a fork, smash the garlic cloves into a paste.
- Scoop paste into prepared mayonnaise mixture and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g