Avocado Carbonara is a unique, extra creamy and healthy pasta that is ready in less than 30 minutes! Making it an absolute must for your weeknight meal plan and just perfect for summertime.
Speaking of summer... IT IS OFFICIALLY HERE!
I know, I can not believe it either. This year has been absolutely flying by.
But, I am happy that it is summer and restrictions are starting to be relaxed. We have a lot planned for the summer and now the show is on the road! But, that's not what we are here to talk about, we are here to talk pasta, more specifically, Avocado Carbonara.
So, let's get on with that!
Avocados are high in potassium, several vitamins and minerals. Kale packs the protein, is high in fibre as well as a variety of vitamins. Egg yolks also bring in some extra protein. All in all, this pasta packs 14 grams of protein, 8 grams of fibre, and it is only 390 calories per serving!! (see disclosure policy)
This pasta sauce is a mixture of avocados, kale, garlic and spices. Blended up into a luscious and creamy sauce. It is ready in literally no time at all. In fact, this is a recipe that you need to have all of the ingredients prepped and ready to go, that is how fast it moves. You make the sauce while the noodles are cooking and it can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
So, to make this avocado carbonara the first thing you have to do is bring a large deep skillet of water to a boil and salt it generously. Boil the pasta until it is al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, in a blender or food processor combine the avocados, egg yolks, kale leaves, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, paprika, cayenne and blend until smooth.
After the pasta is done boiling before draining, reserve one cup of pasta water.
This method of adding the hot pasta water slowly into the pasta sauce actually cooks the egg yolks, it is the same idea as homemade hollandaise sauce.
Immediately after you have added the pasta water to the sauce, pour the avocado sauce over the cooked warm linguine noodles and stir well to fully combine.
Once the pasta is completely stirred and coated in the sauce, add the crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese. Stir again to just combine and serve immediately.
Top with additional parmesan cheese, bacon, and black pepper.
A few other quick weeknight pasta meals
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- 1lb Linguini Noodles
- 2 Ripe Avocados, peeled
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 large leaves of Kale
- 3-4 cloves of Garlic
- ¼ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1 cup Pasta Water, reserved
- 4-5 slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously and boil pasta until al dente. (make sure to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water after the pasta has cooked)
- While the pasta is cooking, in a blender or food processor combine the avocados, egg yolks, kale leaves, garlic cloves, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, paprika, cayenne and blend until smooth.
- Reserve one cup of pasta water before draining pasta.
- With the reserved pasta water, turn the blender or food processor on low and slowly add the hot pasta water. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the avocado sauce over the cooked linguine noodles and stir to fully combine.
- Add the crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Adding the hot pasta water slowly to the blender or food processor cooks the egg yolks.
- Make sure that the linguini noodles are still very warm when adding the pasta sauce, this will ensure that the egg yolks are cooked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 609mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 8gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.