Here we are, celebrating my baby blog's 9 month birthday! That's right Whipped It Up is officially 9 months old! Where did the time go?!
If you love summer inspired cocktails you have to try my famous lemon drop cocktails and my blended grapefruit palomas!
To celebrate, and since it’s been sweltering hot out lately, I figured this would be the best time to finally share my Bahama Mama Blended Cocktails!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
They are like the best Slurpee you have ever had- but for adults only! Blended with orange juice, pineapple juice, creme de banana liqueur, coconut rum, and spiced rum they are a true treat for your taste buds.
These pack a serious punch, so enjoy responsibly.
These Bahama Mama Blended Cocktails require a bit of pre-planning. The drink mixture takes 24 hours to freeze to the proper consistency. So plan ahead, and stock up your freezer with the drink mixture well before.
The drink mixture will last in the freezer for up to a month.
Pro tip- use a 4L ice cream pail to freeze the drink mixture in! Just wash it out first. This is a super easy way to grab what you need and throw the rest back into the freezer without any fuss.
Regular Blender vs. Margaritaville Machine
Both will work just fine!
These blended cocktails turn out super thick, so depending on the strength of your blender motor, you may have to add more non-frozen orange juice to the blender while blending up the drinks. This will not compromise the taste at all. Just add the orange juice slowly until you get the desired consistency.
We just bought my dad a margaritaville machine for his birthday this past year, and I think I like it more than he does! As soon as we gave it to him I pretty much took over. He doesn't mind though, he gets to be the taste tester!
It makes blending the perfect summer drinks a BREEZE, especially these Bahama Mama cocktails. All you have to do is fill the blender jar half full of the frozen drink mixture and then top it off with shaved ice until the blender jar is ¾ full.
Pulse with the blend switch until the drinks are thick and fully blended.
Keep the frozen drink mixture in the freezer until just before you are ready to use it. Because it has such a high alcohol content it defrosts extremely quickly.
Pour the blended drinks over a ½ oz of Grenadine and garnish with freshly sliced pineapple and maraschino cherries.
Now all that's left is to sit back and enjoy the summer patio season!
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
This recipe contains alcohol and is for adults only.
Bahama Mama Blended Cocktail
The most refreshing *adult* drink for a hot summer day
- 6 cups Orange Juice, ~1 cup additional for blending, if required
- 2 ½ cups Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ cups Coconut Flavored Rum
- 1 cup crème de banana liqueur
- 1 cup Spiced Rum
- Pineapple Wedges, for serving, optional
- Maraschino Cherries, for serving, optional
- In a large freezer safe bowl combine orange juice, pineapple juice, coconut flavored rum, creme de banana liqueur, and spiced rum. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in the freezer and freeze for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For serving, use a 10 - 12 oz glass and place ½ oz of grenadine in the bottom of each glass.
- See below instructions for chosen blending method. (One 36 oz blender jar will make 3-4 drinks).
- Pour the blended cocktails over the grenadine in the glasses, garnish with fresh pineapple and maraschino cherries (optional)
- After the drink mixture has frozen completely, fill blender jar half full of ice cubes.
- Fill the other half of the blender jar with the frozen drink mixture.
- Blend on high until mixture is thick and all of the ice is broken down.
- Fill the margaritaville machine blender jar half full of frozen drink mixture, and top with shaved ice until the blender jar is about ¾ full.
- Manually pulse and blend until mixture is thick and well combined.
* Note- Add up to 1 more cup of Orange Juice if you are having trouble blending the mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.
Can't wait to give this a try.
Combine regular rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender. Blend until the drink s consistency is slushy. Delicious! I used Dole - Orange Pineapple Banana juice and it was perfect. I will be making these again!
Excellent! We are so happy that you liked this recipe!