Is there really any better snack than chewy granola bars? Ultra chewy, packed with nutritious ingredients, and ready in a snap!
Super budget friendly to make yourself, and you know exactly what is going into them. These are so much better than anything I’ve ever found at the grocery store, and I love having the freedom to switch up the ingredients and try new things.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
That’s the biggest benefit of making them yourself, you have complete control over what is going in, and there are no hidden ingredients.
You can customize these granola bars extremely easily to suit your preference, or what ever is in your pantry- its completely up to you!
I only suggest trying to keep the ratio of dry ingredients : wet ingredients close to the same.
For example, if you want to add in a cup of say, shaved almonds, decrease the amount of oats by one cup. This will help keep the bars stable and less likely to crumble.
If you want to add in larger nuts, just make sure to chop them into smaller pieces, again, it will just help the bond of the finished granola bars.
You can make a huge batch, and just keep them in an air tight container in the fridge and they will last up to two weeks!
Optional Topping Ideas
- Creamy Peanut Butter, ¼ cup Smooth Peanut Butter, and 3 Tablespoons of Confectioners sugar. Combine in a double broiler to melt the peanut butter. Spread over top of the bars before slicing. Let set an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter, ¼ cup Smooth peanut butter, ½ cup white chocolate chips or disks and a pinch of salt. Add all to a double broiler, melt, pour over granola bars. Let set an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
If you liked these, check out these other snack options, too!
Chewy Granola Bars
- 6 cups Large Flake Oats
- 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ cup Honey
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Butter, Salted
- 3 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 3 Tablespoon Hemp Hearts
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a 10 x 15 sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, and butter. Over medium low heat, stirring consistently, bring to a boil. Once boiling stop stirring, boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat immediately. Gently stir, add in the vanilla while continually stirring this will cause the mixture to bubble for a few seconds.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well with a sturdy wooden spoon to combine. Once well combined, add the chocolate chips and stir to just combine. This gives the liquid a chance to cool off slightly before adding the chocolate chips, so they all don’t melt. They will melt slightly, but that will only help the bars form better.
- Pour the granola bar mixture onto the parchment lined pan, spread out evenly and with a spatula pack the granola bar mixture down.
- With another piece of parchment paper, cover the top of the granola bars, and using your hands push down as hard as you can over the entire surface. 7. The more pressure, the better your bars will hold together.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight to set.
- Once set, you can now add a topping, or just slice and enjoy!
Optional Topping Ideas
- - Creamy Peanut Butter, ¼ cup Smooth Peanut Butter, and 3 Tablespoons of Confectioners sugar. Combine in a double broiler to melt the peanut butter. Spread over top of the bars before slicing. Let set an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- - White Chocolate Peanut Butter, ¼ cup Smooth peanut butter, ½ cup white chocolate chips or disks and a pinch of salt. Add all to a double broiler, melt, pour over granola bars. Let set an additional 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 22 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.
These are so delicious and chewy yet stay together as a proper granola bar! No disappointments here, all enjoyment. Thanks!
You're welcome! I am glad you enjoyed them!