Hey, hey! It's Friday, and it is pizza night at our house! Cheeseburger pizza has been around our kitchen for years. It has an extremely unique taste, it is mouth-watering, and super delicious. First things first, you will need the perfect pizza crust, and some homemade marinara sauce!
This pizza basically represents an entire cheeseburger, deconstructed, and then reconstructed into a pizza! It even has the pickles!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
The Perfect Pizza Crust
I have been making homemade pizza crusts for YEARS. Having tried well over 20 recipes, I was never 100% satisfied until I took all of my favorite aspects from what I had tried, and then I created the perfect pizza crust. It takes practice and a bit of mastery to create any type of homemade bread, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature and you will be able to whip up a few fresh pizza crusts in just under an hour!
Pizza Marinara Sauce
Say goodbye to the store bought pizza sauce forever! Pizza Marinara Sauce is super easy to make yourself and it is way tastier than the store bought stuff. Homemade marinara sauce actually tastes like pizza sauce, with a small hint of sweetness from the basil, accompanied by a tangy spice from the red pepper flakes. And to make it even better, it freezes like an absolute dream!
For the cheeseburger filling, all you have to do is put all of the "typical" burger ingredients into a fry pan and fry it up into this lusciously rich burger filling. I mean it even looks delicious before its fully a pizza!
Next pile on the marinara sauce, cheddar cheese, cheeseburger filling, and most importantly the bacon!
Also, for a little added flair I brushed the edges with olive oil and sprinkled on some sesame seeds.
Then just pop it into the oven and in 14 short minutes you will have a piping hot pizza ready to be gobbled up!
Some of our other pizzas
If you made the pizza crust recipe, you will have a whole other pizza crust to deck out! Here are some options:
We would love to hear if you tried this recipe! We put a lot of work into our recipes and love to hear how they worked for you! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- 1 Perfect Pizza Crust
- 1 cup Pizza Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 slices Bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Corn Meal
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup Sliced Pickles, optional
- ½ lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch kosher salt
- In a large fry pan, over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef. Drain the excess fat from the ground beef once it is fully cooked and return the ground beef to the pan.
- Into the fry pan, add the red onion, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, cumin, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir to combine with the ground beef. Cook over medium heat for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare one Perfect Pizza Crust and Pizza Marinara Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 475°F, and lightly oil a large pizza pan and dust with ½ teaspoon corn meal.
- Place rolled pizza crust onto the prepared pan and press the dough out to the edges.
- Brush the edges of the crust with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle sesame seeds around the edge of the crust. (see above picture)
- Evenly spread on the prepared pizza marinara sauce.
- Scoop on the hamburger filling, and spread evenly across the crust. Top with parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes
- Top with sliced pickles, if desired, before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g