This Honey Butter, Sausage, and Apple Pizza will change your pizza life forever. Thin slices of apple layered over a homemade marinara sauce, topped with crumbled sausage, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and topped with the most magical ingredient ever… honey butter!
If you’ve never heard of honey butter, listen up, this will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Adding honey butter to the top of this pizza brings all of the flavours together and really makes the apples shine. But before all of this, you are going to need…
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
The Perfect Pizza Crust
Years ago I created the perfect pizza crust.
If you have never made homemade pizza crust before it is ok! It is actually pretty easy, it just takes some patience and practice. This post outlines the step-by-step process and you’ll be whipping up your own homemade crusts in no time!
The recipe makes two crusts, and if you don’t want two pizza’s, you can freeze the other crust!
To freeze homemade pizza dough
Once the dough is complete and you are at the step of rolling it out, just place one of the dough balls into a zip top bag, or an air tight container and pop it in your freezer. When you are ready to use the frozen pizza crust, let it defrost at room temperature, this usually takes about 2-3 hours, depending on the temperature of your house. Once it is fully defrosted, roll it out and use as normal!
Frozen pizza dough will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pizza Marinara Sauce
This recipe also makes enough marinara sauce for two pizzas. Again, marinara sauce also freezes like a dream.
To freeze Marinara Sauce
To freeze the marinara sauce, portion it into a zip top bag or an air tight container, and same thing, just throw it in the freezer until you are ready to use it! It can either be defrosted on the counter at room temperature, or if you are in a hurry it can be heated in a saucepan or placed in a hot water bath to help it defrost quickly.
I always make a double batch of this sauce and freeze half for the next time pizza night comes around!
Assembling the Honey Butter, Sausage, and Apple Pizza
Assembly is pretty straightforward.
Top with a single layer of the thinly sliced apples and sprinkle both kinds of shredded cheese and crumbled sausage on top of the apples.
Now, for the honey butter!
Bake the pizza for 14-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
This is an optional step, but when the pizza is done cooking, garnish it with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- 1 14-16" Pizza Crust
- ½ teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cornmeal
- Marinara Sauce
- 2 Hot or Mild Italian Sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Large Apple, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish
- Prepare one Pizza Crust and Pizza Marinara Sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 475°F, and lightly oil a large pizza pan and dust with ½ teaspoon corn meal.
- Roll out pizza crust and place onto the prepared pan. Press the dough out to the edges.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread on the prepared pizza marinara sauce.
- Top with thinly sliced apples, in a single layer.
- Sprinkle both kinds of cheese and crumbled sausage, on top of the apples.
- In a small bowl stir together honey and melted butter until fully combined. Drizzle honey butter over top of the entire pizza.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g