Ditch store bought pizza sauce forever! This homemade Pizza Marinara Sauce is the bomb! Don't let pizza marinara sauce intimidate you, I promise, it is super, super easy to make. This recipe makes enough for 2 - 14" pizza crusts and it freezes like a DREAM. Usually when I make this I double the recipe, and freeze half. I love having some as a "back up" in the freezer. It can come in handy in a pinch, like when you have some frozen pizza dough...
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
If you are already making homemade pizza marinara sauce, why not make the dough too!? I have been on a mission for years to create the BEST pizza crust, bursting with Neapolitan flavors, without the 48 hour wait time. You may not know this about me yet, but I am a very impatient person, especially when there is pizza on the line... Click here to head over to my perfect pizza crust recipe!
We would love to hear from you, leave a comment down below! Also, please subscribe to our emails! The subscription box can be found in the side bar (on a desktop) and near the bottom of the page (on mobile), or we can be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Pizza Marinara Sauce
Makes enough for 2- 14" Pizzas; around 2 cups
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil Leaves
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Pinch of Onion Salt
- First, drain the canned diced tomatoes. Remove as much of the liquid as possible, and blend into a fine pulp. Use either an immersion blender or a standard blender to do this.
- In a large skillet, pour in the blended tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil, Italian spices, dried basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and onion salt. Stir well.
- Over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, gently simmer the marinara sauce. After about 15 minutes the sauce will reduce and create a thick paste. When you are happy with the texture and thickness, remove from heat and set aside to cool. Remember the longer you cook the sauce, the thicker it will get!
- This pizza sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months in an air tight container or ziplock.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Leave a Reply