Do you know what today is?! It is NATIONAL PIZZA DAY, and I just could not wait to share this Cranberry Brie Chicken Pizza with you! This is a great option if you want something a little more unique, and far from boring.
If you have been around here for a while, you might have already seen this pizza! It was originally posted a few months after I started this blog. Well… let’s just say I have learnt some things since then, and this pizza needed it’s own space on the blog!
This is the kind of pizza that is right up my alley.
A tangy sweet cranberry sauce, topped with brie, mozzarella, and roasted chicken, all piled on top of the best pizza crust! *DROOL*
Have you ever made your own, homemade pizza crust?
If not, why not? It is super, duper easy, and freaking delicious!
I have made this pizza crust recipe over 50 times (maybe more?) seriously, it is tried and true! I go into full detail on this post and it is complete with step by step photos.
The cranberry sauce replaces traditional marinara sauce on this pizza and let me tell you, this is what MAKES this pizza.
This recipe calls for frozen cranberries, and the reason I use frozen cranberries is that they hold a bit of extra water, because they are frozen. But, if you want to use fresh cranberries, add a few tablespoons of water to the saucepan before you start to boil them down.
Making the cranberry sauce
To make the cranberry sauce, all you have to do is combine the frozen cranberries, sugar, honey, white wine vinegar, and salt in a small saucepan and boil it down for about 7 minutes.
You’re looking for a thick consistency, and once that is reached remove it from the heat and set aside.
Assembling the pizza
Prepare a pizza pan by spreading a thin layer of olive oil on the bottom of the pan and sprinkle with a pinch of cornmeal. This ensures that the dough doesn’t stick to the pan, and the crust browns evenly on the bottom of the pizza.
Once your cranberry sauce is made and your pizza dough is done rising, remove half of the dough. Lightly dust the dough with flour and roll it out into a 14” – 16” diameter.
Spread the cranberry sauce evenly over the dough and top with the cubed chicken, brie, and mozzarella cheese, and onions.
Side note: I have mentioned this before but if you’re new here you might not know. We recently discovered that my husband is allergic to onions. Since we actually eat the food that I prepare for this blog I left them off of this pizza. But this pizza has been tested before with the addition of red onions and it is every bit as fabulous!
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! You can also find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Cranberry Brie Chicken Pizza
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Cranberries , fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Brie Cheese, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Red Onions, thinly sliced, optional
- In a small sauce pan, combine the cranberries, sugar, honey, white wine vinegar, and salt.
- Over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, bring the cranberries to a simmer. With the back of a spoon, crush the cranberries. Simmer until mixture has thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 500°F, when the oven has reached 500°F, reset the oven down to 475°F
- On a 14" – 16" pizza crust, evenly spread out the cranberry sauce.
- Top with chicken, cheeses, and red onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the pizza slightly cool on the pan for 5 minutes before serving.