Hello hello! I hope you are all having an amazing Monday and start to this week! After this weekend I feel like we are headed full speed ahead into summer and I could not be any happier! I am so excited to share this recipe with you, because it is one of my FAVORITES, Spicy Pierogi Pizza! It is so delicious and it is basically putting handfuls spicy potato chips on a pizza, and I can’t really think of anything better than that!
Some of you might recognize a version of this spicy pierogi pizza recipe from a popular restaurant here in Canada, Boston Pizza. This is where the inspiration for this recipe came from, it has been a favorite of mine for years. That is why I thought I would create my own version, to share with all of you!
Spicy Chipotle Potato Chips
Making your own baked spicy chipotle potato chips is probably the easiest and most addictive thing I have ever posted on my website. All you have to do is peel and thinly slice some russet potatoes, toss them in some extra virgin olive oil and chipotle spice. They take just 25 minutes in the oven. These chips are SO ADDICTIVE. In fact, you should probably just make more to munch on while the pizza is baking…
First of all, you will need a super duper pizza crust recipe, and you are in luck! I have the perfect pizza crust recipe, all you have to do is click here. You can also feel free to use a store bought pizza crust for this recipe, I wont judge. 😉 Once the pizza crust is taken care of, now we’re on to the good stuff!
First, you brush the crust with a little extra virgin olive oil and then layer on handfuls of the spicy chipotle potato chips fresh out of the oven, right onto the pizza crust! I know it’s exciting, but stay with me, and try not to drool!
Next, you top the spicy potato chips with chunks of mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and of course BACON. Like come on, how can it get any better!! Now you pop it in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes. Then when it is done baking top it with fresh scallions and sour cream. Now get ready for a life changing bite!
Pizza like this is right up my alley, I love untraditional pizzas and flavor combinations. Pizza is one of our favorite things and I can assure you, if you are into the same thing, I will be posting many many more pizza flavors.
Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoy your pizza’s!
Spicy Pierogi Pizza
- 1 Perfect Pizza Crust
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 6-8 pieces of Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3-4 Scallions, diced
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
Chipotle Potato Chips
- 4 Medium Russet Potatoes, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ½ teaspoon Chipotle Pepper Powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
Chipotle Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine potato slices, vegetable oil, chipotle pepper powder, and salt. Toss to fully coat the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake potato chips for 25 minutes until just crispy
- Preheat oven to 475°F and roll out one perfect pizza crust.
- Brush the pizza crust with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Layer the baked chipotle chips on the pizza crust to fully cover the crust. Top with cubed mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until pizza is lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with scallions and sour cream, serve immediately