Cheesy Nacho Pizza is loaded with queso cheese sauce, ground beef, more cheese and then topped with your favourite flavour of nachos. Yes, you heard me right, this pizza is topped with chips!
*inner child screams*
If you love this pizza recipe then you have to try my honey butter, sausage and apple pizza or my spicy pierogi pizza, after all my pizza crust recipe makes two crusts, so you have to make another!
The queso cheese sauce is what makes the whole pizza in my opinion, this pizza would not be the same with out it!
Just imagine smothering a pizza in the same cheese sauce that you get at a sports area. You know the cheese sauce I am talking about, always served lava hot in the filmiest container they could find with the saltiest nachos known to man. Yea, that one!
Now we're going to take that and put it on pizza!
No you don't need to sit through an entire sports game and bring home the cheese sauce... All you need is this queso sauce! Yes it tastes the same, yes it is delicious, and yes you need to make the queso and this pizza ASAP!
This recipe is also available as a web story for your viewing pleasure.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- Pizza Crust- any pizza crust will work for this recipe. But of course, you can’t beat a homemade pizza crust, although in a pinch a store bought one will work just fine!
- Taco Seasoning- My homemade taco seasoning is a no brainer! It is WAY cheaper than buying the pre-made version at the store and it lasts forever.
- Pizza Marinara Sauce- This is a super simple recipe to make homemade pizza marinara sauce from scratch using only a few pantry ingredients. But if that’s not your jam, use whatever pizza sauce you love most!
- Queso Cheese Sauce- Again, you can’t beat a homemade queso sauce, but in a pinch the pre-prepared queso dip from the grocery store will work too!
- Nacho Chips- You can use any nacho chips you like for this recipe! Some of our favourites include Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips and Doritos Sweet Chili Heat Chips.
How to Make the Pizza
First, as always, preheat your oven to 450°F.
Then, prepare a 14” pizza crust and place it on a pizza pan or baking stone and set to the side.
Spiced Ground Beef
To make the spiced ground beef, in a medium sized skillet add the ground beef and cook it over medium heat.
Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break apart the ground beef as it cooks. Cook the ground beef until it is no longer pink and fully cooked.
Remove the ground beef from the stove and drain off any excess grease that has accumulated during cooking.
Then return the ground beef to the skillet and add the taco seasoning. Cook for an 2 additional minutes over medium-low heat, stirring to combine the spices. Remove the ground beef from the heat and set it aside.
Load up the pizza
To the prepared pizza crust add the marinara sauce and use an offset spatula to spread it into a thin layer, covering the entire crust.
Here comes the good part… on top of the marinara sauce, drizzle queso cheese sauce all over and spread it out with the spatula.
Finally add the prepared spiced ground beef and then top that with the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
Bake the pizza for 15-17 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the shredded iceberg lettuce, crushed nacho chips, and scallions.
The hardest part...
Yes, we agree the hardest part about making this pizza is letting the pizza rest! It does need to rest for about 5 minutes when it comes out of the oven, just to let everything settle and cool off a bit before you dive in!
Storing the Leftovers
Leftover pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and should be enjoyed within 2-3 days.
The best way to reheat pizza is in a frying pan over medium heat on the stove. To do this, place the pizza crust side down in a frying pan for about 5 minutes. Just keep an eye on the bottom crust, if it starts to burn just lower the temperature a bit.
So what do you think? Do you agree that this cheesy nacho pizza is OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious!? Let us know in the comments down below!
Did you like this pizza recipe? Then make sure you don’t miss these!
- camembert, fig, roasted garlic and arugula pizza
- honey butter, sausage, and apple pizza
- cranberry brie chicken pizza
- spicy pierogi pizza
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
embrace your inner child by adding crushed nacho chips to this pizza!
- 1 - 14” Pizza Crust
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup Pizza Marinara Sauce
- ½ cup Queso Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
- ¾ cup Doritos*, crushed
- 2 Scallions, diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Prepare a 14” pizza crust and place it on a pizza pan or baking stone, set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet add the ground beef and cook over medium heat. Use a spoon or spatula to break apart the ground beef as it cooks. Stir the ground beef regularly until all of the pink is gone, this should take around 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and drain off any excess grease that has accumulated while cooking the ground beef. Return the ground beef to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Cook for 2 additional minutes over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To the prepared pizza crust add the marinara sauce, use an offset spatula to spread it in a thin layer, covering the entire crust.
- On top of the marinara sauce, drizzle the queso cheese sauce. Spread it out with the spatula into an even layer.
- Add the prepared ground beef on top of the queso layer and then top with the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and top with the iceberg lettuce, crushed nacho chips, and scallions.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
* any kind of cheesy nacho chip will work for this recipe, use your favourite!
Pizza Crust- any pizza crust will work for this recipe. Of course, you can’t beat a homemade pizza crust, but in a pinch a store bought one will work just fine!
Taco Seasoning- My homemade taco seasoning is a no brainer! It is WAY cheaper than buying the premade version at the store and it lasts forever.
Pizza Marinara Sauce- This is a super simple recipe to make homemade pizza marinara sauce from scratch using only a few pantry ingredients. But if that’s not your jam, use whatever pizza sauce you love most!
Queso Cheese Dip- Again, you can’t beat a homemade queso dip, but in a pinch the pre-prepared queso dip from the grocery store will work too!
Mouth watering!! So good for any group or individual all to themselves. Lol