"Camembert, Fig, Roasted Garlic and Arugula Pizza is a flavour packed, melt in your mouth pizza combination that you will not forget!"
Do you like unique pizza’s? If you do, this is the PERFECT pizza for you!
Close your eyes and imagine a flavour packed, melt in your mouth pizza that is the perfect combination of savoury, salty, and sweet.
Now you might be thinking “sweet, on pizza?!” HEAR ME OUT.
The use of fig preserves is what adds the sweetness to this pizza and it pairs perfectly with the bacon (salty) and camembert cheese (savoury). Really you just have to try it to believe it, and trust me you’ll fall in love at the first bite!
Some other unique pizza flavours that you might want to try are Honey Butter Sausage and Apple Pizza, Cranberry Brie Chicken Pizza, or Spicy Pierogi Pizza. After all, the pizza crust recipe makes two crusts! 😉
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- Camembert Cheese - Camembert cheese has a smooth, slightly sweet, nutty flavour that is absolutely divine! I would recommend sticking with camembert but if you can't find it, or just don't like it you can substitute it for brie cheese, too!
- Fig Preserves - Fig preserves are kind of like a jam and can be found in most major supermarkets. The main difference between preserves and jam is preserves have larger chunks of fruit in them, whereas jam is fully blended. Therefor either of them can be used for this recipe!
- Roasted Garlic - Roasted Garlic is one of the most delicious and valuable things you can have in your kitchen, and it plays a big part in this pizza! Luckily I have a whole post on how to become a pro at roasting garlic (the easy way!)
Let’s make some pizza!
To start, you are going to need a pizza crust. This can be store bought, or homemade. Of course I am going to tell you that homemade pizza crust is 10000% better than anything you’ll find at a store.
Ok, now we have our pizza crust made it is time to gather all of the other ingredients. Once you have all the ingredients gathered, it’s time to get to work.
Use a spatula and spread the fig preserves onto the pizza crust in a thin layer.
After the fig preserves have been spread onto the pizza crust, layer on the camembert cheese, mozzarella cheese, roasted garlic, bacon, and green onions.
That’s it! Now bake the pizza in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
After the pizza has finished baking, top it with a handful of fresh arugula.
Then all that’s left to do is enjoy your pizza!
Storing the Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The best way to reheat pizza
Believe it or not the best way to reheat pizza is in a frying pan on the stove! It warms the pizza thoroughly while keeping the crust crispy on the bottom (really the most important part, no one wants a soggy crust!)
To do this, place the desired amount of pizza slices into a frying pan in a single layer. Heat over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes until the pizza is warmed through. Keep an eye on the bottom of the crust and make sure you don't burn it. If it starts to burn lower the heat.
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Preheat oven to 475°F
- Roll out one 14” pizza crust and place it onto a pizza pan or stone.
- Using a spatula, spread the fig preserves onto the pizza crust.
- Layer on the camembert, mozzarella, roasted garlic, bacon, and green onions. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the pizza crust is golden brown.
- Remove the pizza from the ov