These Smoked Cheddar and Bacon Jalapeño Poppers have to be one of my favourite appetizers OF ALL TIME.
This recipe was generously shared with us from two of our crazy talented family members. We made it once and tweaked it a teensy tiny bit. Then naturally made the poppers two more times in two days… but who’s counting really? They are just so dang good!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Dinner Party Friendly
We are rolling into that time of year, dinner party season. Well holiday season, but you get what I am trying to say. There is a major event every two-ish weeks until the end of the year now.
What I am trying to say is I can not think of a better dinner party appetizer! Whether you are hosting, or you are headed over to someone’s house. These are the perfect appy! But be warned, they go FAST and it is easy to gobble down half a dozen by yourself in no time flat. So double or triple the recipe for those big crowds, you will be glad that you did!
Have that one friend on the Keto diet and never know what to make for them? Well look no further! These are Keto friendly, too!
A word to the wise…
Always, always, always wear disposable gloves when handling jalapeños, any jalapeños. This is a lesson that we once learnt the hard way and whatever you do, do NOT touch your face or eyes. You will regret it.
Did you know?
The spicy part of the jalapeño is actually in the ribbing and the seeds. The flesh is not very spicy at all. So by removing the ribbing and the seeds, you are actually removing the majorly spicy parts! Tongues rejoice!
Cooking the jalapeños mellows out the spice even further. But, keep in mind these still do have a kick to them, and if you get any of that leftover ribbing or seeds, your mouth will be on fire.
These jalapeño poppers can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Prepare the poppers up to step 2 of the filling section and wrap the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap. Add the bacon and extra cheese to the top when you are ready to bake them!
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below!
- 10-12 Jalapeño Peppers
- 10-12 pieces of Bacon, cooked and cut in half
- ~½ cup Smoked White Cheddar Cheese, for topping, shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Smoked White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and remove all of the ribs and seeds. Place the jalapeños cut side up and arrange in a single layer in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapeño, red pepper, sour cream, paprika, and garlic powder. Using a hand mixer, mix on high for 2-3 minutes until everything is fully combined.
- Transfer the filling into a piping bag (optional), and disperse the filling equally between all of the jalapeños.
- Press one piece of bacon onto the top of each jalapeño popper.
- Sprinkle extra shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, after 30 minutes turn off the oven and let the jalapeño poppers sit in the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
To reheat poppers; bake at 300°F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.