This traditional Lasagna will be the star at your next dinner party! Lasagna holds a reputation of being a total crowd pleaser. I mean, who doesn’t like a giant slab of melted cheese, decadent tangy tomato sauce, and pasta? Sign. Me. Up!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Lasagna makes for a fabulous freezer meal. To make this into a freezer meal just follow the directions all the way through without baking. Simple as that! I like to use a disposable aluminum casserole dish if I am making this for the freezer, just wrap the top tightly with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months! To bake, remove from the freezer and let slightly defrost, bake for 1 hour & 20 minutes. To insure a warm center, insert a butter knife into the center of the lasagna, hold it there for a few seconds and remove. Immediately (and carefully) feel the tip of the knife, it should be very warm, and you will know your lasagna is ready!
I have been deeply immersed in the world of learning all about my DSLR camera this past week. So much YouTube, countless hours of YouTube! LOL. I still have a ton to learn, but I am loving every minute of it! These are the first pictures I have posted from my new camera, and I am so so happy with them! I even made one of them my screen saver… I know, I am a complete dork! ?
We would love to hear from you, leave a comment down below! Also, please subscribe to our emails! The subscription box can be found in the side bar (on a desktop) and near the bottom of the page (on mobile), or we can be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- 375-400 grams Fresh or Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 500 grams Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Onion Salt, pinch
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, egg, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, brown and cook ground beef thoroughly. Stain well and return to skillet.
- Over medium heat add the diced red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin. Saute for 5 minutes until onion is slightly cooked and garlic is fragrant.
- Stirring regularly, add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
Assembling the Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the shredded cheese together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large 9 x 13 oven safe casserole dish assemble the lasagna as follows; begin with one large scoop of the tomato sauce. Spread tomato sauce to fully cover bottom of dish. Cover with one single layer of lasagna noodles, then add 1/3rd of the ricotta mixture, spread out with the back of a spoon to completely cover the noodles. Add 1/3rd of the tomato sauce and spread evenly. Cover with 1/3rd of the cheese. Repeat 3 times, ending with a layer of cheese on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g