This traditional Lasagna will be the star at your next dinner party! Lasagna holds a reputation of being a total crowd pleaser. I mean, who doesn’t like a giant slab of melted cheese, decadent tangy tomato sauce, and pasta? Sign. Me. Up!
Lasagna makes for a fabulous freezer meal. To make this into a freezer meal just follow the directions all the way through without baking. Simple as that! I like to use a disposable aluminum casserole dish if I am making this for the freezer, just wrap the top tightly with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months! To bake, remove from the freezer and let slightly defrost, bake for 1 hour & 20 minutes. To insure a warm center, insert a butter knife into the center of the lasagna, hold it there for a few seconds and remove. Immediately (and carefully) feel the tip of the knife, it should be very warm, and you will know your lasagna is ready!
I have been deeply immersed in the world of learning all about my DSLR camera this past week. So much YouTube, countless hours of YouTube! LOL. I still have a ton to learn, but I am loving every minute of it! These are the first pictures I have posted from my new camera, and I am so so happy with them! I even made one of them my screen saver… I know, I am a complete dork! ?
We would love to hear from you, leave a comment down below! Also, please subscribe to our emails! The subscription box can be found in the side bar (on a desktop) and near the bottom of the page (on mobile), or we can be found on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
- 375-400 grams Fresh or Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 500 grams Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Onion Salt, pinch
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 28 oz can Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, egg, parsley, garlic, oregano, onion salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- In a deep skillet, brown and cook ground beef thoroughly. Stain well and return to skillet.
- Over medium heat add the diced red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin. Saute for 5 minutes until onion is slightly cooked and garlic is fragrant.
- Stirring regularly, add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
Assembling the Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix the shredded cheese together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large 9 x 13 oven safe casserole dish assemble the lasagna as follows; begin with one large scoop of the tomato sauce. Spread tomato sauce to fully cover bottom of dish. Cover with one single layer of lasagna noodles, then add 1/3rd of the ricotta mixture, spread out with the back of a spoon to completely cover the noodles. Add 1/3rd of the tomato sauce and spread evenly. Cover with 1/3rd of the cheese. Repeat 3 times, ending with a layer of cheese on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour and enjoy!