Mini Egg Cookie Bars are so cute, festive, and quite frankly, FREAKING DELICIOUS! They are a not so traditional Easter treat and the perfect addition for your Easter dessert table.
This recipe is also available as a web story for your viewing pleasure.
Easter brings the cutest pastel colors, spring, and (if you are anything like me) boatloads of mini eggs and this is the perfect recipe to use up all of those mini eggs!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
- all purpose flour
- graham cracker crumbs
- baking powder and baking soda
- kosher salt
- granulated sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- chocolate chips
- mini eggs
See recipe card for quantities.
how to make this easy easter dessert
This dessert is a fun and easy Easter dessert for kids to make, too!
Next, in a large bowl combine the flour, large flake oats, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
Now, in a medium sized bowl combine the sugar and melted butter, using a hand mixer beat on medium high until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir with a wooden spoon until a thick batter has formed. This is the "cookie base" for the bars.
Press the cookie mixture into the prepared baking dish. Use some extra flour to dust your hands if the mixture is too sticky. Press the cookie dough until it is flat and even in the baking dish.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk on top of the pressed cookie and spread it out into an even layer.
Top with the chocolate chips and mini eggs, bake for 45 minutes.
After the cookie bars have finished baking, remove them from the oven and let the cookie bars cool completely before removing them from the baking dish.
Once the cookie bars have cooled completely, carefully remove and peel off the parchment paper.
Cut the mini egg cookie bars into 16 pieces and enjoy!
Store the leftover mini egg cookie bars in an airtight container, in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-4 days.
Too many mini egg cookie bars to enjoy? You can also freeze them in an airtight freezer bag for up to 1 month.
Tight for time and want to make these over a couple of days?
On day one, prepare the cookie base and press it into the baking dish. Wrap the baking dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate. On day two simply just add the toppings and bake!
Keep in mind: if your cookie base has been refrigerated it will take 5-10 minutes longer to bake.
- These are perfect for a festive school snack or treat day! (Just be sure to double check any allergy restrictions at your school).
- 1 cup Flour + more for dusting
- 1 cup Large Flake Oats
- ½ cup Honey Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ⅓ cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (approx. 200g) Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, large flake oats, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the sugar and melted butter, using a hand mixer beat on medium high until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir with a wooden spoon until a thick batter has formed.
- Press the cookie mixture into the prepared baking dish. Use some extra flour to dust your hands if the mixture is too sticky. Press the cookie dough into the pan until it is flat and even.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk on top of the cookie base and spread out into an even layer using a spatula.
- Top with chocolate chips and mini eggs.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove cookie bars from the oven when they are a rich golden brown and let them cool completely before removing from the baking dish.
- Once the cookie bars have completely cooled, carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Transfer the bars to a cutting board and cut into 16 pieces and serve.
To store: Keep leftover cookie bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.