Birthday... cookies? Yep, birthday cookies! Why? Because Whipped It Up turned TWO today, and we could not think of a better way to celebrate than sharing this recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, ever!
If you have been searching for it these are the cookies that you have been looking for. They are ultra chewy, soft, and loaded with chocolate chips. Once you try them, you will see that they really are the best chocolate chip cookies you have ever had!
We're serious, these are literally the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever taste.
They are soft and chewy on the inside, perfectly crisp on the outside, and loaded with chocolate chips.
The secret to these cookies is using two types of butter; real salted butter and margarine. This still allows the cookies to have a buttery flavour along with being ultra chewy on the inside.
I should also add that these cookies dont "dry out" (as long as they are stored properly), some might argue that they are actually better the day after baking... cause honesty it is hard to pass up a warm freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Make some cookies with us!
Firstly, I need to mention that these cookies require NO CHILL time. I know, it's a miracle right? They really are the perfect cookie! This means that you'll have these cookies out of the oven and into your tummy in about 30 minutes.
Also, I STRONGLY recommend using Hershey 50% Dark Chocolate Chips in these cookies. Any type of chocolate chip will work, but from what we have tested, these are the best ones!
Now that I have listed 23745 reasons why you need to try these cookies, let's get on with making them!
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and margarine. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until everything is well combined.
In the same bowl add in the egg and pure vanilla extract. Beat on high speed until silky smooth and creamy.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over top of the batter, then add the flour and beat on medium speed until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips and mix an additional 30 seconds until the batter is fully combined with the chocolate chips.
Divide the batter into 12 equal portions (¼ cup each) and roll into a ball.
Place the rolled cookie dough onto a baking sheet, leaving approximately 3-4” between the cookie dough balls.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have just begun to brown on the bottoms. Take care to not over cook the cookies.
Remove cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack immediately and let cool. If they stay on the hot baking sheet for too long, they will keep cooking and you risk overcooking them, so moving them over immediately is very important.
Storing chocolate chip cookies
These cookies last for 4-5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can also freeze the dough before or after baking, so you can have fresh cookies on hand anytime!
Freezing cookie dough and preparing cookies from frozen
To freeze the dough before baking, prepare the dough and roll it into dough balls. Place the rolled cookie batter balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze overnight. Once the cookie dough is solid, transfer it to a zip top bag and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To bake frozen cookies; preheat your oven to 350°F, place frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake from frozen for 12-13 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies just start to brown.
We put a lot of work into our recipes and if you have made this recipe we would love to see! Tag us anywhere on social media or leave a comment down below!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us directly, you can shoot us an email. Also, if you would like to see more recipes and get a glimpse into our everyday lives we can be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Chipits Hershey 50% Dark Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and margarine. Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. beat on medium speed until well combined.
- In the same bowl add in the egg and pure vanilla extract. Beat on high speed until silky smooth and creamy.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over top of the batter. Add the flour and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix an additional 30 seconds until the batter is fully combined with the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into 12 equal portions (¼ cup each) and roll into a ball.
- Place the rolled cookie dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving approximately 4-5” between the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have just begun to brown on the bottoms. Take care to not over cook the cookies.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack and let cool.
- NO chill time required!
- Storage, airtight container at room temperature; 4-5 days.
- See above for freezing instructions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.