We are already on day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas! Seriously, where has the time gone!? Today we are sharing a spin on an original, and that is rum and eggnog… in milkshake form! These Rum and Eggnog Milkshakes will soon be your newest favorite holiday drinks!
These milkshakes are a super fun, super delicious twist on the traditional version, we even added some frozen bananas and nutmeg whipped cream to push this milkshake right over the top!
Please note that this recipe contains alcohol and is for adults only.
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
To make this recipe you will need a high power blender. We recently got a Vitamix blender and it has seriously changed our milkshake and smoothie game forever! They are a bit of a splurge, but after burning out blender after blender, we decided to take the plunge and I will be the first to tell you, it WAS SO WORTH IT! Also, the perfect thing to add to your Christmas list. 😉
You will also need a hand mixer to make the nutmeg whipped cream!
The frozen bananas make the milkshake way creamier, so it is important to use frozen bananas.
To freeze the bananas, peel bananas and place into a zip top bag or an airtight container and freeze overnight.
In a large high powder blender combine the frozen bananas, eggnog, ice cubes, and rum. Blend on high until smooth.
Portion into serving glasses, now let’s make some nutmeg whipped cream!!!
Nutmeg Whipped Cream
(aka, the best whipped cream you have ever tasted!)
So, in a small mixing bowl combine the sugar and nutmeg, Stir to combine and set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl add the heavy cream, and using a hand mixer on high, blend the cream for 2 minutes.
Lower the speed to medium and gradually add the sugar and nutmeg mixture. Bring speed back up to high and blend until whipped cream is thickened.
This boozy take on the original rum and eggnog will blow your guests away this Christmas season!
We hope you enjoyed the eleventh day of Christmas, make sure to check back tomorrow morning at 8am MST for day TWELVE!
Check out the other recipes in our 12 Days of Christmas holiday event!
- First Day of Christmas- Polar Bear Claw Cookies
- Second Day of Christmas- Holiday Hot Chocolate
- Third Day of Christmas- Grandma’s Butter Tarts
- Fourth Day of Christmas- Shortbread Cookies
- Fifth Day of Christmas- Vanilla Roll Cake with Peppermint Buttercream
- Sixth Day of Christmas- Christmas Crack
- Seventh Day of Christmas- Sugar Cookies with Easy Royal Icing
- Eighth Day of Christmas- Peppermint Candy Cane Bark
- Ninth Day of Christmas- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- Tenth Day of Christmas- Spicy Strawberry and Walnut Brie
- Eleventh Day of Christmas- Rum and Eggnog Milkshakes
- Twelfth Day of Christmas- White Chocolate Eggnog Fudge
We put a lot of work into our recipes, we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Rum & Eggnog Milkshakes
- 2 Bananas, Frozen
- 2 cups Eggnog
- 1 ½ cups Ice Cubes
- ½ cup White Rum, cold
Nutmeg Whipped Cream Topping
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream, 33%
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- In a blender combine the frozen bananas, eggnog, ice cubes, and rum. Blend on high until smooth.
- Portion into serving glasses and top with a dollop of nutmeg whipped cream.
Nutmeg Whipped Cream
- In a small mixing bowl combine the sugar and nutmeg, Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the heavy cream, using a hand mixer on high, blend the cream for 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Lower the speed to medium and gradually add the sugar and nutmeg mixture. Bring speed back up to high and blend until whipped cream is thickened.