We are already on day nine! And for day nine we are bringing you some more delicious cookies, Double Lemon Poppyseed Cookies, to be exact!
These cookies are incredible! They are loaded with lemony flavour, buttery soft, and covered with an even more delicious lemon glaze.
This is another no chill cookie recipe, meaning you can have these cookies in your hands fast!
There are affiliate links in this post. Please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
A few things you will need to make this recipe
Making the Double Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
As always, firstly, preheat your oven to 350°F and grab a cookie sheet.
In a small mixing bowl sift together the flour, poppyseeds, baking soda and salt, set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter. Beat the butter on medium speed until it is smooth, this will take about 2 minutes.
Add the sugar, egg, lemon extract, vanilla and lemon zest. Beat the dough on medium speed until it is silky smooth.
Now, add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until the batter is just combined.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and roll it into a ball.
Place the cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet, leaving 3”-4” between each cookie.
Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, until the bottoms are lightly browned.
After the cookies have finished baking, transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
Making the Lemon Glaze
In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
Transfer the prepared glaze into a small zip top bag.
Snip off the corner of the zip top bag and squeeze the lemon glaze onto the cookies.
Let the glaze set for 1 hour before packaging the cookies.
Store these double lemon poppyseed cookies in an airtight container at room temperature, and enjoy within 5 days.
That’s a wrap on these super easy and simple cookies that are OUT OF THIS WORLD delicious!
We hope you enjoyed day 9! Be sure to check back tomorrow morning at 8am MST for the day 10!
We hope our recipes can bring some joy into your homes during these times. Also, we put a lot of work into our recipes, so we would love to know if you tried this recipe and how it turned out for you!
Check out the other recipes in our 12 Days of Christmas holiday event!
- First Day of Christmas- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Second Day of Christmas- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
- Third Day of Christmas- Almond & Cashew Buttercrunch Toffee
- Fourth Day of Christmas- Hot Buttered Rum
- Fifth Day of Christmas- Sponge Toffee
- Sixth Day of Christmas- Sweet & Spicy Holiday Chex
- Seventh Day of Christmas- Spicy Bacon Jam Brussel Sprouts
- Eighth Day of Christmas- Snickerdoodles
- Ninth Day of Christmas- Double Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
- Tenth Day of Christmas- Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- Eleventh Day of Christmas- Chocolate Cream Cookies
- Twelfth Day of Christmas-
We would love to see your creations on Instagram! Tag your creations from the 12 Days of Christmas using #whippeditup2020
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would be happy to answer them in the comments down below! To get a hold of us, you can shoot us an email or leave a comment down below! We can also be found on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Zest of one Lemon, approximately 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, poppyseeds, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, egg, lemon extract, vanilla, and lemon zest. Beat on medium speed until silky smooth and combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough and roll into a ball. Place the cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet, leaving 3”-4” between each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir to combine and transfer the glaze into a zip top bag.
- Snip off the corner of the zip top bag and squeeze the lemon glaze onto the cookies.
- Let the glaze set for 1 hour before packaging the cookies.
- No chill cookie dough
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Please Note- The nutritional information provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator and it will vary based on the ingredients that you use.